What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Notability app

nckarm4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

anyone has this app compatible with ipad 1? off course i bought it on my computer and then tried to download it on the ipad but it didnt work (required ios 7 or higher)...This would be a huge help. thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is no way for someone to transfer an older version of Notability to you. Apps are signed with the accounts that purchase them, and non-transferable.

The only way to get an older version of an app is if you have already purchased it. Then, if the developer has enabled the feature in the App Store, when you try to download it on an older device, it 'might' offer you an older, compatible version.

If you intend to try and get an older version of an app by this method, be sure to check with the developer first to make sure they are offering older versions, and that they 'know' this will work. Otherwise you're likely to waste your time and money.

I'm not even certain Notability existed in a iOS 5.1.1 compatible version; though I suppose it might have. It has been around for a while. At any rate, it's difficult to find good apps that are still compatible with the iPad 1. Most developers have dropped compatibility with iOS 6, let alone 5. It is too difficult (and unprofitable) to retain backwards compatibility that far back. iOS has changed a lot in the last three years.

Most reactions

Latest posts