What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not real internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Myron said:
I was about to purchase a new iPad but decided to use it at the Apple Store. It was great until I learned that it uses the Mobile Internet, not the real internet, so many of my favorite sites cannot be accessed. Glad I learned this before purchasing. For instance, I was unable to get Cookies so I attempted to download Firefox but the iPad will not download Firefox. The screen appears exactly as it does on my iPhone which shows an adapted form of the internet. I couldn't even access Facebook unless I signed-up for the Apps Store and must give a credit card # and code. I attempted this but a red message said that the code is invalid. What code do they mean? I entered my PIN number as well as the # on back of my VISA but none worked. I will stick with my laptop or a netbook.

I can get to most, but not all, of the sites I use on my laptop from the iPad and they appear just as they do on the laptop
For the few sites that do come up in a mobile format it is because the site is looking at what browser I am using and redirecting me to their mobile version of the site

Nashysam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love the iPad. I was initially a bit disappointed that can't skype ( with video), but it's made up for that in so many other ways. Am totally hooked. I have an iPad widower!

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
I was about to purchase a new iPad but decided to use it at the Apple Store. It was great until I learned that it uses the Mobile Internet, not the real internet, so many of my favorite sites cannot be accessed. Glad I learned this before purchasing. For instance, I was unable to get Cookies so I attempted to download Firefox but the iPad will not download Firefox. The screen appears exactly as it does on my iPhone which shows an adapted form of the internet. I couldn't even access Facebook unless I signed-up for the Apps Store and must give a credit card # and code. I attempted this but a red message said that the code is invalid. What code do they mean? I entered my PIN number as well as the # on back of my VISA but none worked. I will stick with my laptop or a netbook.
Turn off the 3G on the device and web surfing will be different. The iPad is not a computer, you can't install any crap you want on it...
I will stick with my laptop or a netbook.
Why do people bother coming to an iPad forum to tell us they aren't going to buy an iPad? Do you really think this person will be back?
He looks still there...

Probably an Android Troll!!!:D

Win.

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let's go over to the Android forum and talk about battery life and viruses? :D

Jax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my Ipad for travel with cell service. On AT&T, 3g and Edge, and all across the country by car, there are very few places where I can't get service. No problem surfing the web. If a wed site has a design for Ipad, may be a little different and make using the pad eaier, but no trouble using general web sites. With the exception of flash content.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let's go over to the Android forum and talk about battery life and viruses? :D

Battery life? Sure, it's not as good as the iPad, but we will see how the new tablets do.

Viruses? An isolated incident exaggerated by iFanboys to make it seem worse than it was. This virus effected VERY FEW people because it was a shady app that wasn't even available on the Android Market.

But calling it "not the real Internet" is wrong, maybe "not the WHOLE Internet" since there are a number of sites that cannot be viewed on iOS, but it's still a good browsing experience.

Last edited:

nousku

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to the App Store. Load and install Skype (free). Or use Facetime app, if your correspondent has an iPad. In both cases, the HD image is superb.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the OP actually had an iPhone 4 like he said he wouldnt have made this remark. He would know how the browsing experience is on the iPad from using the iPhone (I know some aspects are different but over all very similar)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"Not real Internet." The whole original post makes me laugh. Lots of blind bumbling going on there. Yes, better stick with the "real" Internet and leave us to the "fake" one, lol.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok guys and girls, somehow we have managed to dig up a really old thread and as the OP never returned I think we should close the doors for the final time on this one.

The Archangel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts