What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Internet connection issue

HB24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I show I am connected to the internet but when I try to log on to AOL it states Safari cannot open page it is not connected to internet?

loerry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check your internet connection. Star -> Control Panel -> Network and Internet

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sometimes that comes up if you have mis input the URL. Also I once had this issue and was able to resolve it by using a different (atomic) browser to open the site. I could en open it in Safari....who knows why but hey if it worked it worked. :D

jhpb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Inernet Connection Issue

go to the settings and check to see if your iPad has the network fully connected showing the ip address, subnet mask and especially the router and dns #s?!? All msut be there is hook up to the internet. If not , reboot the router, turn off the ipad, restrat both. Router first and see if it works then. If not go back to the iPad, go to seetings again, select your wifi network, select forget this network, go out, come back , select and log in again and see if all is okay!
LOL,
Joe:D

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Umm which Internet connection? Did you try using wifi or 3G?
For 3G if you are not using AT&T then you must enter the apn in the cellular panel in settings. In my case when I have the microsim inserted the bar shows filled and connected but I cant access the 3G until I go and enter the correct APN. Incase of WiFi you might need to let your wifi connect completely before accessing,or configure the settings manually before you can go anywhere,if you are using 4.2GM then you might be facing the popular wifi issue but that is another matter. Please be specific when asking for help about a problem,that way we can help you with specific "to the point" solution.

Thanks

George Garrigues

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What router?

go to the settings and check to see if your iPad has the network fully connected showing the ip address, subnet mask and especially the router and dns #s?!? All msut be there is hook up to the internet. If not , reboot the router, turn off the ipad, restrat both. Router first and see if it works then. If not go back to the iPad, go to seetings again, select your wifi network, select forget this network, go out, come back , select and log in again and see if all is okay!
LOL,
Joe:D

Sorry to ask this, but what is a "router"? Does it have something to do with my Apple Mac Pro Quad?

Yours,
George G.

Most reactions

Latest posts