What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strong Wifi signal & Connection but no Internet

Richie53blue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a tv & internet package and every now and again the broadband connection switches off and resets. A couple of days ago this happened and after resetting, my iPad 2 could not get internet access despite the fact that my laptop is picking up a strong wifi signal through the router and is working fine.
Incidentally, I took the iPad to work today and it picked up a wifi signal and hooked up to the internet immediately.
Can anybody suggest how I can connected to the internet at home?

Thanks,

Richard

Fr0st

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some times, routers act funny and refuse to give devices they already know ( and vice-versa ) new ip addresses.

What you could try to do is go to Settings/ Wifi / Your network's name / Blue arrow / Forget Network.

This often solves the problem, so let me know what happens! :D

Edit* Forgot to say: you need to add your network again!

OP
R

Richie53blue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Worked like a dream! I'm embarrassed that it was so easy.

Many thanks,

Richard

Fr0st

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nah don't be! :p

You need to be using routers for quite a while to be able to trouble shoot things yourself, without the use of online forums and search engines. :D

" On the quest for knowledge, one should not be ashamed of asking any question. Except the question of whether to ask, or not. " Old Arab Proverb ( Translated to the best of my knowledge )

Most reactions