What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not able to do wifi sync

lone_wolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lone_wolf said:
I have 2 ipads 2 iPhone, one I pad won't sync through wifi. I did several times then just stopped, the others still work fine. All the settings are the same. Of coarse it's the one I use the most that won't sync through wifi. It will still do it through the cable.

I have the wifi box selected. But one iPad won't sync the other will.

lone_wolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For some reason both iPhones sync and one iPad will sync, the other iPad which is newer won't sync even though the wifi is checked. It will sync when it is plugged into the computer.

nyc2sd30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
That's kind of strange as I have done a wifi sync without being plugged into a power source.

The Archangel

I think you have to be plugged in to initiate the sync from the iPad itself not iTunes. Either way it seems to be confusing as people are having different experiences with wifi sync.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

peeace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have already synced it via the cable. Wifi sync is checked on both my ipad, and in iTunes. I tried it without ejecting, but it still did not work, even though it is the same wifi connection. Any other ideas?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
peeace said:
I have already synced it via the cable. Wifi sync is checked on both my ipad, and in iTunes. I tried it without ejecting, but it still did not work, even though it is the same wifi connection. Any other ideas?

Here is what I did originally, I checked the appropriate boxes in the iTunes summary page whilst connected with the cable (I can't remember which two boxes as I'm not at my Mac right now but I recall there were two that had to be checked), then, I started another sync with the iPad still connected and as the sync took place I removed the cable and it just carried on syncing.

I have had to repeat this a couple of times since as it seems to occasionally forget the settings but most times it will sync wirelessly, without having to go through the process I've described here, again.

The Archangel

tdemond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is what I did originally, I checked the appropriate boxes in the iTunes summary page whilst connected with the cable (I can't remember which two boxes as I'm not at my Mac right now but I recall there were two that had to be checked), then, I started another sync with the iPad still connected and as the sync took place I removed the cable and it just carried on syncing.

I have had to repeat this a couple of times since as it seems to occasionally forget the settings but most times it will sync wirelessly, without having to go through the process I've described here, again.

The Archangel

Make sure that you have the same address for Itunes on both devices

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Always a hit or miss affair.

Sometimes it works, other times it won't. Doesn't seem to be any pattern.

Most reactions