What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noob & jailbreaking

uniquename

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
greenpois0n.com should solve all your jail breaking answers, if you are still on iOS 4.2.1. Simply download the file, run it and follow the onscreen instructions.

I'm downloading 4.2.1 now (upgrade from 3.2.2) and then I'll hit up greenpois0n. My biggest thing was not knowing how to get 4.2.1 or if I should jailbreak first. Seems easy now.

-upgrade to 4.2.1 manually (download to pc then shift and click upgrade so I can chose a local file to upgrade to)
-jailbreak with green poison
-enjoy my jail broken iPad

Glad this place exists! I'm android savvy, and it was killing me to have this sexy hardware and no control.

Reaction score
Your list seems almost complete. Except Apple does not sign 4.2.1 updates anymore, so hopefully you have saved SHSH blobs either in Cydia or with tiny umbrella, otherwise you won't be able to install 4.2.1, even if you download the 4.2.1 file. If you had jail broken your 3.3.2 iPad, you should be fine, as Cydia autosaves the blobs.

But I have no idea how to access them, perhaps someone else knows this?

Last edited:

uniquename

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your list seems almost complete. Except Apple does not sign 4.2.1 updates anymore, so hopefully you have saved SHSH blobs either in Cydia or with tiny umbrella, otherwise you won't be able to install 4.2.1, even if you download the 4.2.1 file. If you had jail broken your 3.3.2 iPad, you should be fine, as Cydia autosaves the blobs.

But I have no idea how to access them, perhaps someone else knows this?

I read a little about blobs, not much. So, I need to add two steps to above?

-jailbreak 3.2.2
-backup blobs

Reaction score
uniquename said:
I read a little about blobs, not much. So, I need to add two steps to above?

-jailbreak 3.2.2
-backup blobs

No, I think it is too late now to obtain blobs for 4.2.1, as Apple does not sign it anymore.

Given the circumstances, your best bet is wait a few more days for an untethered 4.3 jb.

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would defintitely download Tinyumbrella and save your 4.3 shsh blobs before it's too late! Then you will always be able to restore to 4.3 and use the New untethered Jailbreak that's coming out.

uniquename

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, I think it is too late now to obtain blobs for 4.2.1, as Apple does not sign it anymore.

Given the circumstances, your best bet is wait a few more days for an untethered 4.3 jb.

Gotcha. Looks like 3.2.2 jail broken for now.

Thanks!

uniquename

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That sucked. On 3.2.2 no luck with greenpois0n or limera1n. Oh well...I suppose I'll update to 4.3.1 tomorrow and home for the best.

OP
I

Ipadfan2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok guys here goes,

I have saved my shsh blobs with tiny umbrella now Ian am about to begin greenpoison,
Will let you know how I get on,

Ben

Most reactions