What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-sync backup

Ceecee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, ok maybe a stupid question, but here goes. I never use my computer anymore. I do fine with my iPad and my iTouch. Not only that but I don't even want to use my computer! It's slow, etc. Anyway I bought a subscription to Mobile Me thinking I could use that as a backup alternate to syncing on my computer but now I find that Mobile Me doesn' really act like a backup, won't store some things like Pages documents unless I email them to myself, etc.

So my question is , what alternative, if any, is there to my old, clunky computer with iTunes on it can I use as a type of cloud or other backup location for my iPad, or any hardware available? I hate using my computer anymore. Thanks

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm no expert but based on what I know the fact that Apple forces you to pair the iPhone iPad etc to iTunes will prevent you from doing what you want. As you know, when you first turned on your iPad it was a useless pile of electronics until you connected to iTunes.

Hal

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The answer is simple once you sync if you down load apps music movies direct to iPad then once a week sync to the laptop or tower pc it will backup all new changes then you know if something goes wrong it is not end of the world.

from my experience most people do not back up laptops or towers Why because they believe nothing will go wrong With an iPad at least it is simple just plug it in however to back up a lap top you need a external Hd. Same size as lap top to back up every thing.

hope this makes sense ok Bottom line. Coonect your iPad at least once a week to sync and back up.

Regards Colin

Most reactions

Latest posts