What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No sound

philip36

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I have been using Skype for iPad quite often to communicate with our grandchildren, but recently it became impossible: they can see me all right, but not hear me! Unlike the PC version of Skype the iPad version does not allow setting up and checking the microphone.
Can anyone help me please?
Philip36

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Philip - welcome to the forum! :)

I would suggest some easy and quick steps initially. First, 'force close' Skype - i.e. double click the home button until the multitask bar opens at the bottom; find the Skype icon then press & hold until all begin to jiggle - press the red circle w/ a hyphen to close down Skype; return to the home screen and try to restart Skype and test.

If not successful, then 'Restart' (or 'Reset' the iPad if the previous does not work) - Directions HERE - this steps often correct misbehaving apps - start Skype again and retest?

Finally, if none of the above corrects your situation, you could delete Skype from the iPad and then re-install from the App Store - good luck and please post back if these suggestions do not solve your problem.

Most reactions

Latest posts