What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No audio when recording

ritchiel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I just joined the discussion forum today. I have been using my Ipad 2 for about a year. I recently have had a problem with having no audio when I make videos. It works fine when I watch other videos. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi,

Do you have any other apps that might use the microphone? Such as the google browser where you can search with your voice? Or, perhaps the voice recorder app? I am thinking that you could check out another app to see if your microphone is still working. I did a google search and found a lot of people saying they have trouble with the microphone. One answer was to check for dust that MIT be blocking the microphone.

OP
R

ritchiel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your response Fid. i am still having the same problem, i tried to use Soundhound and it wouldn't pick up anything. I was told to try and clean the microphone but I am not sure where the microphone is or how to clean it.

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi,

The microphone is on the top in the middle. It is just a small hole in the aluminum. It is between the on/off button and the headphone jack.
You can also try recording a video with the camera to see if it picks up sound.

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you are still having trouble with the microphone you can take it to an Apple Store. I would first call the Apple number and talk with someone. They can help you make an appointment at the Genius Bar. If the iPad is faulty they will replace it on the spot. If your iPad is personalized they will replace it with a not personalized one, or you can wait for the new one to get personalized. I don't know how long the personalization takes.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some people have said running a vacuum over the microphone helped solve their problem.

yellowhorse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make sure if you have a cover that encases the ipad that it has holes in the middle of the top screen above the front facing camera.

Backdoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, thanks the vacuum trick worked! I can't believe I went without sound for so long. It was driving me crazy! I have a dyson and it took 4 attempts to clean the mic each time it got louder and louder.

sen_ovung

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, thanks the vacuum trick worked! I can't believe I went without sound for so long. It was driving me crazy! I have a dyson and it took 4 attempts to clean the mic each time it got louder and louder.

Lol weird fix... :D cheers!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts