What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Audio on i pad 2 connected to LCD projector

David1965

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got my i pad 2 to VGA connector - plugged it in - video is great but no sound (except from the i pad itself). Any ideas? Audio works fine when the computer is plugged to the projection system (it plays over the speakers). This is also my wife's ipad which is running i OS 4.3.3. Would 5.0 help?

Thanks in advance!!

kingnba6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hm do you have a link to the VGA cable. Are you talking about the computer monitor cable? If so, that cable does no carry audio.

OP
D

David1965

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, the cable that goes from the ipad to the VGA connector. So how could I get audio on the projection system speakers? Without audio on the big speakers it will not be heard. I'm sure there is a way.

kingnba6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is what I got from the site: The Apple VGA Adapter supports video out (only). You have to but a separate 3.5mm audio cable. Plug that into the headphone jack of the iPad and then to the projection system. How is your computer connected ? Thru VGA or something else ?

OP
D

David1965

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This one is VGA, others are DVI but I have all the adapter combinations known to man. I try the cable now!

OP
D

David1965

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just tried it and BINGO...worked great!! Just needed that audio cable plugged from the computer to the headphone jack on the ipad. Thanks kingnba6!

Most reactions

Latest posts