What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No 16.2??

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I received the 16.2 IOS update about a week ago......or whenever it was.
However, my Wife, with the "same" IPAD as mine hasn't received it? Still 15 or something.
We usually get them about the same time with the settings icon indicating an update.
Her auto update is off, like mine.
Plenty of space 30gb left.
Nothing in software updates.
Any thoughts appreciated.....
Thanks......Ken

Last edited:

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I received the 16.2 IOS update about a week ago......or whenever it was.
However, my Wife, with the "same" IPAD hasn't received it? Still 15 or something.
We usually get them about the same time with the settings icon indicating an update.
Her auto update is off, like mine.
Any thoughts appreciated.....
Thanks......Ken

What do you mean by “same” iPad? Is your wife’s device older? And have you checked under Software Updates in General Settings?

Last edited:
OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What do you mean by “same” iPad? Is your wife’s device older? And have you checked under Software Updates in General Settings?
Well........"two IPADS".......
bought at same time.......same store......same price........no differences....
Yes.....checked software updates several times.......nothing new.
Plenty of space......30gb.
No update in the settings icon. About a week now!
Ken

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well........"two IPADS".......
bought at same time.......same store......same price........no differences....
Yes.....checked software updates several times.......nothing new.
Ken
Hi Ken - more specific information than above about your iPads is easily found in Settings > About - below a screen capture from my iPad - name = iPad Pro and model number given, which can be looked up HERE for a thorough description - assume if you bought two same model iPads the info in Settings will be the same.

As to the lack of offering the iPadOS 16 upgrade on your wife's iPad, take a look at the lower image from an Apple Support Upgrade article - notice at the bottom that one could update w/i the iPadOS 15.x category but still be offered the 16 upgrade - I did not upgrade my iPhones/iPads until release of 16.2, so saw this offering for a while - check the other iPad to see if that situation exists - good luck. Dave :)
IMG_5368.PNG
Screen Shot 2023-01-19 at 12.01.12 PM.png

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Ken - more specific information than above about your iPads is easily found in Settings > About - below a screen capture from my iPad - name = iPad Pro and model number given, which can be looked up HERE for a thorough description - assume if you bought two same model iPads the info in Settings will be the same.

As to the lack of offering the iPadOS 16 upgrade on your wife's iPad, take a look at the lower image from an Apple Support Upgrade article - notice at the bottom that one could update w/i the iPadOS 15.x category but still be offered the 16 upgrade - I did not upgrade my iPhones/iPads until release of 16.2, so saw this offering for a while - check the other iPad to see if that situation exists - good luck. Dave :)
View attachment 98948View attachment 98949
Thanks for the info. I read this article, and others, but 16.2 is still not available for her IPAD. Next step will be to do a network reset.......maybe.

Most reactions