What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next large shipment iPad 2

DexHealth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I current own the iPhone 3GS and the first generation iPad. Do anyone know when apple will send out another large shipment of iPad 2?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suspect the factory is struggling - much of the rest of the world (Canada, Europe, Australia etc) gets the iPad2 this Friday.......

But there have certainly been reports on this Forum of stores receiving second shipments....

Tim
Scotland

lronglien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shipment

I had ordered my iPad 2 (64gb, 3g, ATT) on the first day they became available. I received a message this morning that mine had shipped and would be delivered by Thursday this week.

OP
DexHealth

DexHealth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lronglien said:
I had ordered my iPad 2 (64gb, 3g, ATT) on the first day they became available. I received a message this morning that mine had shipped and would be delivered by Thursday this week.

Thanks for the feedback!

OP
DexHealth

DexHealth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I suspect the factory is struggling - much of the rest of the world (Canada, Europe, Australia etc) gets the iPad2 this Friday.......

But there have certainly been reports on this Forum of stores receiving second shipments....

Tim
Scotland

Thanks for the update!

fisk

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Same thing. My wife came in and woke me up to tell me she received the shipping notice. It reminded me of Steve Martin in The Jerk when he was running around yelling "the new phone book is here"!! :)

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just an FYI. I just called my local Apple store and was told that they had just sold out of iPad2 for the day but expect a shipment in the morning.

No waiting list ~ first come first serve.

Now ~ the first iPad there were waiting list. I just called them and they put me on it over the phone. Sent an email the next day telling me I could go get it!

I ran. :D

OP
DexHealth

DexHealth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Just an FYI. I just called my local Apple store and was told that they had just sold out of iPad2 for the day but expect a shipment in the morning.

Now ~ the first iPad there were waiting list. I just called them and they put me on it over the phone. Sent an email the next day telling me I could go get it!

Awesome! Unfortunately the apple stores in my state or stock pilling, handing out vouchers to the first 25-50 customers to arrive.. Not a good business practice...third party resellers are excepting pre-orders if the customer purchase a $100.00 gift card towards the purchase.. Yet another bad business practice...I'm a little disappointed in Apple release practice..... Ethics is the best business practice...

pennicat

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yes - I just saw a note on FB from a friend of mine who wanted to get one for her birthday today. The Apple store told her to be there at 6:00 a.m. tomorrow morning.

OP
DexHealth

DexHealth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pennicat said:
Yes - I just saw a note on FB from a friend of mine who wanted to get one for her birthday today. The Apple store told her to be there at 6:00 a.m. tomorrow morning.

I would suggest your friend arrive very early. The vouchers are limited... Most arrive at 4:00 am...

Most reactions

Latest posts