What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

uk Apple store - ealier shipments?

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
uk Apple store - ealier shipments

with regard to the current thread about some shipments in the States being shortened, i'm curious if there's anyone in the UK who've ordered from apple.co.uk store and had their shipment dates shortened?

mine were 15th and 26th respectively from the minute i ordered (about 20 secs after the store opened). Some in the Uk report seeing an early 2-3 week estimation posted, but this is not the case for me. i've never seen these times posted.

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was in the Apple Store in Aberdeen last week and they had loads of iPad2s on display and quite a lot in stock I was told - though not the model I was after...time to move up to the frozen north....maybe they've mistaken Aberdeen for Anchorage - where all the US ones seem to get shipped through.

Tim
Scotland

OP
sjleworthy

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
looks like official shipment times have improved from 3-4 weeks to 2-3 weeks. but not in my case.

i'll be on the phone to apple as soon as trading hours start and report back on those who've ordered earlier :)

OP
sjleworthy

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
just spoke to Apple. no joy.

he said there's always been the 3-4 week date right from site launch in the uk on the 25th. never been a first come first serve. apparently supply is now catching up with demand and if shipping times are to change you'll get emailed. but he couldn't comment further.

i also asked about possible screen defects on the first batches. again, no comment, he'd not heard anything against the contrary on anything.

so, never mind,. nothings changed.

Most reactions

Latest posts