What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

news stand search?

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Hi guys, just getting NewsStand populated (i hope)

how do i search out specific magazine titles im looking for? when, in NewsStand app, i press 'store', there's no 'search' option there.

also, how do i differentiate between magazine subscription apps and magazine subscriptions for NewsStand?

emm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I downloaded The Guardian app today (free for three months), it went straight to newsstand. I think you download the individual mags and they appear in Newsstand.

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how do i search out specific magazine titles im looking for? when, in NewsStand app, i press 'store', there's no 'search' option there.

I think that is because there are very few magazines that currently work with newstand. Most magazines available currently are standalone apps. I'm sure that over time things will change.

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Take a look at Zinio, I believe they're set up to send directly to News stand. Check their web site for tons of magazines available.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The reason you cannot perform a "search" in the Newsstand "Store" is that you've already done a "search" in the App Store by pushing the "Store" button in Newsstand. That button simply returns a set of apps that are Newsstand enabled. And as we all know all too well, you cannot perform a search on a result set of a search in the App Store. (Thanks, Apple.)

Newsstand: The Apple version of Publishers Clearing House. Where's the Sweepstakes button?

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Newsstand is an app, that holds magazine apps. Some mag. apps are stand alone, some like Zinio offers a great number of choices. Their app is free, then shop/purchase within it. I don't have iOS 5 yet, just reading up about it.

Most reactions

Latest posts