What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie, Need help understanding IPAD

joan237

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I am new here and very green about the IPAD. I would like to buy one before I go on a trip next month.
I have a PC at home and on there I have my recipes. Before I leave I would like to bring about 10 recipes with me for when I am in my beach condo. How would I do this on an IPad. I know there is no word documents so is there another way for me to get them on my IPAD.
Thanks for any help:confused:

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Simple.
Convert what ever you need to PDF file, and put them in your iBOOK application.
there are a lot of free programs to convert DOC into PDF.
The process of transferring a PDF file to iPAD is basic and simple.

Camlwood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, there are several ways you could put recipes on an iPad. I typed all of my son's favorite recipes in Pages. I have the Pages app, so I can simply file share the file and upload it to my iPad. Another way you could put it on your iPad is to save it as a .PDF file, and open it in an app like GoodReader. A third way to view it would be to create a Dropbox account, download the app on your iPad and simply view it from your Dropbox app. Plaintext is a free word processing app that works nicely with Dropbox if you don't want to pay for pages. I have been using my iPad since May and have basically become paperless. Good luck - camlwood

OP
J

joan237

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow! Thank you so much for all the suggestions. I knew there must be ways to do this.
Great forum. I am sure I will be back to ask more questions .
Thanks again all.

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
joan237 said:
Hi,
I am new here and very green about the IPAD. I would like to buy one before I go on a trip next month.
I have a PC at home and on there I have my recipes. Before I leave I would like to bring about 10 recipes with me for when I am in my beach condo. How would I do this on an IPad. I know there is no word documents so is there another way for me to get them on my IPAD.

Email the recipes to yourself and open the email on the iPad before you leave and don't delete it from the server so you are sure you have them on the device

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
And then there must be at least a dozen good recipe apps with the ability to add your own recipes. Of course you'd have to hand enter them. On the other hand most of them come with a big cookbook's or more of recipes already installed.

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
joan237 said:
Hi,

Search the Apps Store for Recipe Minion
As I write this it is listed as a free app
The description says it has minimal functionality and no preloaded recipes
You are supposed to enter your own

billb1950

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Mobile Me account and copy all my documents to the documents directory in the cloud. I have the free app iDisk on my iPad and my iPhone. No matter where I am, I have access to all my documents, including some recipes, password spreadsheet, etc. Works very well for me.

OP
J

joan237

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, great suggestions

Once again thank you to everyone for replying. I am going to try out some of these ideas.

OP
J

joan237

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to all for replying. You have given me great suggestions and I will be trying out some.

majeed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello friends, last week i owned a 64gb 3g wifi ipad. i fell its little difficult to use. i have pc with windows xp. my basic doubts are, is it possible to delete some photos or videos in my ipad directly without connecting to pc. and once syncing, already stored files are losing from ipad if they are not present in my pc second sync. time. is it default like that or something wrong with me? thanx. hope i will get some advice.

Most reactions