What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie needs help

Bompa Gord

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi people.
New to forum and IPads.
A friend gave me their old iPad which after reset shows version 9.3.5. When I try to download apps it tells me I need ios10. After investigating deeper I find that as of November 4 my iPad 2 is no longer supported.
Is there someway that I can still download and install ios10? Also I'm not sure how to install files.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It‘s not possible to download iOS 10 to an iPad 2, neither over the air, nor via iTunes. It lacks the processing power to run iOS 10. Sorry!
If you really need the apps which require iOS 10, you‘ll have to get a more recent iPad.

Which kind of files do you need on your iPad? An app might help getting them to your device, but you won‘t be able to install these files.
As you‘re new to this device, you might need some time and more information to get used to it.

https://help.apple.com/ipad/9/

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Some apps will work on older iPads. You’ll just have to poke around and see which ones will load. If you go to the Information section in the description, it should tell you if it will work on your iPad. Tapping on this will expand it, showing you the oldest version of iOS the app will work with.

Your best bets are social media, entertainment, and simple utilities. Oh, and kids games. Some businesses try to keep the older devices in play, probably to capture the young ones who are often using hand-me-downs

Some apps that will work on iOS 9: Facebook, Amazon Prime Video, The Calculator, and Curious George.

Most reactions

Latest posts