What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New User questions

Jim Cali

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a new iPad user and new at forums- is there a forum for general questions to include several topics at the same time , e.g. printing, internet favotirs etc or do I have to pose each question in a separate forum - I guess if I read all the instruction for the iPad and instructiosn for this forum I could answer it myself but looking for"short cut" - thanks from a grateful senior

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome and don't worry about correct placements.
Just fire away with your questions in the general discussions forum and someone is bound to know the answers.
The mods are very lenient.

Hal05154

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jim Cali said:
I am a new iPad user and new at forums- is there a forum for general questions to include several topics at the same time , e.g. printing, internet favotirs etc or do I have to pose each question in a separate forum - I guess if I read all the instruction for the iPad and instructiosn for this forum I could answer it myself but looking for"short cut" - thanks from a grateful senior

When you get more used to things, you will appreciate the various daughter boards. It will help you look up info more easily, and helps the board be more that just a single, highly cluttered place.

Fire away with the questions!

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hal05154 said:
When you get more used to things, you will appreciate the various daughter boards. It will help you look up info more easily, and helps the board be more that just a single, highly cluttered place.

Fire away with the questions!

Ready aim fire!

OP
J

Jim Cali

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for all the support - first area- trying to synch email contacts from Internet explorer from pc (windows 7) to ipad - do not see an option for IE - tried the ones there, yahoo, outlook etc but still can't get it to work -help!!! Thanks

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
thanks for all the support - first area- trying to synch email contacts from Internet explorer from pc (windows 7) to ipad - do not see an option for IE - tried the ones there, yahoo, outlook etc but still can't get it to work -help!!! Thanks

When you say email contacts from internet Explorer - I assume you are using a cloud based system such as Hotmail or Google Mail?
Is this the case? If so, You can set up an Exchange account to do this. Please advise what you are using in Internet Explorer to manage your contacts so we can advise you.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The mods are very lenient.
Greetings and welcome to the forum!

Yeah, us mods are a swell bunch! So go ahead and ask your questions then get off my lawn!

gran_torino_clint_eastwood.jpg

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're talking windows based mail (Winmail on windows 7) You can export your contacts into csv then import them to ipad. Winmail open, file/export contacts to csv

OP
J

Jim Cali

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the reply- went to an ipad school at the Apple store and they solved the problem- have to load an app (surprise, surprise) - since we are on comcast we have to download the app "xinfinity mobile" that gave us an option to synch contacts from our comcast email account- it brings over the email addresses but no groups that were made in comcast- I can live with that -- they also downloaded "xinfinity tv" that allows DVR recording from the ipad- -- now I am trying to get our HP printer working with air print - so far found out that our HP printer is not set up for air print yet- saw an app that indicates it will set up any printer for $8.99 - will try that next unless someone has another solution - thanks ---

Bluesjam

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jim, what I did on the AirPrint was just buy one of the supported printers. I needed one anyway so I bought the HP B210 for $99 and it works great with the iPad and the iPhone and my desktop Win 7 computer found it via the WiFi and works good with it also. I know that it's $99 but for me it was worth it. I love being able to print from the iPad. It's really wired to have a printer and the only cord going to the printer is the power cord. It's that wild?

uptix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BrennB said:
If you're talking windows based mail (Winmail on windows 7) You can export your contacts into csv then import them to ipad. Winmail open, file/export contacts to csv

Hi BrennB - came across this post of yours today. I can't figure how to import the csv file into contacts? I have exported my winmail contacts to a csv file, put it Dropbox on my pc, .... I can see it from my iPad, but can't see any 'import' option in the native iPad contacts app? Am I missing something? (other than my brain, which I left in a pub somewhere a long time go....)

Cheers,
Upix

Most reactions

Latest posts