What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to Forum...and very frustrated with iPad!

bmac99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there....I love my iPad...I got the 60G and am really pleased EXCEPT when I try to sync/update software. The old nightmare....back up takes 24 hours....well, can't be sure what it takes because I haven't let it go that long.The battery would wear down anyway.

Any ideas? I would love to download 4.2 but can't since I can't run the backup...YIKES..did I really pay $900 bucks to be this frustrated?:ipad-movie:

AceOsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried feasting the system settings or just resetting everything?
Maybe before readying everything you could try syncing with itunes in a different user account, that sorted a problem I had with my iPad during sync, mine wouldn't sync was the problem, maybe you could try syncing single bits of content instead of syncing the whole thing.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hate that long sync delay.
Funny thing is that I dutifully synced it once a week when I first got it. Now months go by before I remember.
The important stuff is synced wirelessly and even if it disappeared tomorrow apple knows what apps I bought.
Syncing is overrated and I suspect it's days are numbered.

AceOsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its true, I also forget to sync, just can't be bothered with it all, so yeah I don't sync every week of day but mine doesn't take to long.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have not synced in forever! The more often you do sync ~ the less and less time it takes, depending on what you have added to you iPad since the last sync.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here. Hardly ever sync these days - important stuff I back up to cloud, everything else can be restored.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A lot of issues are due to type of PC you have and OS you are running on PC I. Have a fully loaded wifi 32gb takes no more than maybe 15 mins to complete backup and sync Oman Apple MacBook

Most reactions

Latest posts