What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frustrated with iPad Apps sync to iTunes

AppledApp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've almost given up backing my apps to my iTunes apps or even simply to my hard drive. Been googling & researching for days without any positive results and this forum is my last hope!

I still don't have a way to sync the apps on the iPad to my iTunes. I tried this again recently but it started deleting the apps on my iPad so i had to cancel. I also got the message if you want to transfer the apps on the iPad to itunes, it starts the process and terminates on the first application and said it was successful. I looked into the Apps Library on iTunes and still nothing

HELP!!!!

I previously used iTunes 10, running on iPad OS 3.2. I already did the following:
- Transfer purchases (didn't transfer the apps)
- Authorized my computer
- Also got the message that iPad found purchased items that are not on iTunes and want to transfer. It doesn't sync as well as stated above.

I'm really lost and frustrated. I then downgraded my iTunes to 9.1 but it's still the same. ARGH!!! I am seeing the pages though when i enable Sync Apps on the Device - Apps menu.

I would like to backup my Apps so i can restore them anytime. Please advise what else i can try???

Last edited:

rsava

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're talking about paid apps that are installed illegally (which it sounds like you are, excuse me if you are not), don't expect any help here. It is against forum rules to talk about cracked apps and their use/installation.

I think it is also against forum rules to think about cracked apps while perusing the forum pages.... :)

OP
A

AppledApp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My apologies. These are just apps that somebody had installed on my iPad as i got them 2nd hand. I edited my post so i'm asking for help for synching apps in general to iTunes.

Last edited:

mobileone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad is not jailbrokem, and uses only one iTunesaccount ..

I have the sam problem that when I sync the ipad, or transfer purchases from ipad to iotunes (0n iMac) that ..

"it starts the process and terminates on the first application and said it was successful."

So if I purchase 30 apps on the ipad, I have to repeard that 30 itimes.

When I sync, podcast that I download on IPad are sysch over (all of them), but only ONE is sync over ..

M1

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
My apologies. These are just apps that somebody had installed on my iPad as i got them 2nd hand. I edited my post so i'm asking for help for synching apps in general to iTunes.

You have to have that other person's iTunes login information. The apps are not "yours" but someone else's as far as iTunes and the Accounts are concerned.

You can either pay for them (if they are not free) and download them and sync them in iTunes -or- delete them -or- live with what is currently going on.

You can try to call Apple, but without the other account information, I do not see them doing anything about it either.

dapeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the sam problem that when I sync the ipad, or transfer purchases from ipad to iotunes (0n iMac) that ..

"it starts the process and terminates on the first application and said it was successful."

When I sync, podcast that I download on IPad are sysch over (all of them), but only ONE is sync over ..

M1

Get a PC.

Problems will go away as long as you sync legally purchased apps. For apps on an iPad that were purchased with another account, you can also backup/sync.

What you cannot do is update as istore will ask for the pw of the user who purchased.

Ms.Rositsa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
quick fix:)

M1

Get a PC.

Problems will go away as long as you sync legally purchased apps. For apps on an iPad that were purchased with another account, you can also backup/sync.

What you cannot do is update as istore will ask for the pw of the user who purchased.

So if you want to upgrade the IPad you need to transfer purchased items to ITunes or you will loose them... Get the ITunes update first, then right click on the IPad in ITunes and then Transfer Purchases.:)

Most reactions

Latest posts