What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New member introduction

jchoward44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I, Jim Howard, am a 67 year old retired university professor. I taught mainly physical chemistry for the life sciences at Middle Tennessee State University for 29 years. I have been an Apple computer user ever since the Apple II+ came out. I currently have a four year old iMac and a nine month old MacBook Pro. I inherited the iPad2 I am using now from my late wife, who died from complications of having idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF).

I came across this forum when I did search on how to clean the exterior cover of my iPad2. The suggestion was to use baby wipes, and I did with super results. Thanks for the info.

Jim

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Jim and Welcome to the Forum.
Thank you for the bio, and my condolences on the death of your wife.
You will find that doing searches is the best way to find the answers to any questions you have, if they are not to hand, then by all means post your question, we have many friendly and informed members only too willing to help you. Enjoy!!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Jim - welcome to the forum! :) Really sorry for the loss of your wife - hope all is now going well for you?

I just retired from an academic career - an abdominal radiologist at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem - 34 yrs! Hard to believe - :eek:

I started out as an Apple II+ owner in 1980 - switched to PCs (more job related), but now have an iPod & iPad2 - we need a new DT computer (current one is Dell running Windows XP) - I've hesitated in possibly wanting to switch - but my wife likes MS Office, so we must come to an agreement?

Hope that you'll enjoy the forum - great people here & plenty of information already available - as all the mods say 'search' is your friend - Dave

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I, Jim Howard, am a 67 year old retired university professor. I taught mainly physical chemistry for the life sciences at Middle Tennessee State University for 29 years. I have been an Apple computer user ever since the Apple II+ came out. I currently have a four year old iMac and a nine month old MacBook Pro. I inherited the iPad2 I am using now from my late wife, who died from complications of having idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF).

I came across this forum when I did search on how to clean the exterior cover of my iPad2. The suggestion was to use baby wipes, and I did with super results. Thanks for the info.

Jim
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Advanced Search box (at the top of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

Forum Rules - Please read
Hacking Rules - Please read
iPad for Beginners
Free iPad User Manuals
Download The Official iPad Forum App

Welcome again and enjoy!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts