What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zanec36

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I used this forum to answer some questions this morning so decided to join in the discussions. I live in a retirement community,where I teach other seniors how to use the iPads their kids bought for them. I am 75 and retired as a university librarian 15 years ago. I have found that the iPad is perfect for many of them, as all they want to be able to do is to check their email, browse a few websites, and view photos. Age doesn't matter...I had one man in a session today 89 years old and carrying an oxygen tank. He is as excited as anyone over his new toy. Anyway, thanks for the help so far and I expect I will be asking for more help down the road...

Zane

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there Zane and welcome.

There is lots of good advice and info on here plus plenty of members all too willing to help with any problems.

Remember, search is your friend.......and please don't forget to read the rules http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

These are the hacking section rules for all you jail breakers (and would be jail breakers) http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2892-hacking-section-rules-please-read.html

We also have an app for this forum. A link to download the app is: Discussion Forum for iPad Users for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

If you have other Apple products or are interested in other Apple kit then why not join our sister forum too at http://www.appleforums.net/

Finally, if you still haven't had enough, how about a video explaining about our other forums (note:you may want to play this at half speed but hey, why shouldn't Phil be excited about our forums!)

The Archangel

Last edited by a moderator:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Zane - welcome to the forum! :) And congrats on doing such an activity in the retirement home - I'm sure your efforts are greatly appreciated! :thumbs:

Your story reminds me of my father-in-law (now gone) when he bought a used computer and started to explore email & the web - on our visits to him I was quite happy to help him w/ the computer and he really got a big kick out of it.

Just retired myself in June myself (academic radiologist - now Emeritus Professor), and am setting up activities to do, but one thought was to teach older newbies to the computer how to get into the basics - the iPad would certainly be another option for me?

Enjoy - Dave :)

Most reactions