What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New member in the area with some concerns

manpito

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I am a new Ipad user and could not get around with some of the problems it is presenting.

Right now my problem is:

After I get my Ipad connected to my PC and to the internet, it showed me that there was a new version available for download (V.5.0.1).

Then I accepted to make the download and update my Ipad, but didn't know that it would cause me problems.

After the download, it restart the Ipad normal, but I get an error message in the iTunes on which it Could not continue with the Sync and now I cannot Sync my iTunes with my iPad.

Already try to uninstall the iTunes, following same help pages but after the new installation it cames back to the same.

After connecting to the PC it recognise but don't allow me to sync only allow me to Revert.

Can anyone help me, please? I am running win7 OS on my PC, and I am start to think that it may be a problem of compatibility between both systems, because with another PC with XP it won't happen.

Thanks in advanced

Maiko.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
After the download, it restart the Ipad normal, but I get an error message in the iTunes on which it Could not continue with the Sync and now I cannot Sync my iTunes with my iPad.

Already try to uninstall the iTunes, following same help pages but after the new installation it cames back to the same.

After connecting to the PC it recognise but don't allow me to sync only allow me to Revert.

Can anyone help me, please? I am running win7 OS on my PC, and I am start to think that it may be a problem of compatibility between both systems, because with another PC with XP it won't happen.

Thanks in advanced

Maiko.

Maiko, welcome to the forum!

How are you trying to sync with itunes? Are you directly connecting your ipad to your pc with the usb cord to get to itunes? Or, are you trying to do a "wifi" sync where you plug your ipad to a power outlet and than open itunes on your PC and sync that way? A little more information may be needed.

You can always go to the preference setting on itunes and disable the automatic sync option when your ipad connects to your PC. From there, when you directly connect your ipad to your PC/open itunes: you can check the summary tab and see how your sync settings are set for. You can choose to wifi sync and than proceed as the directions say.

See this: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/50095-ipad-wifi-sync-2.html

Also, ipads do not work well multiple computers. Make sure that your itunes is also updated to 10.5.1 or most current. Whichever it is telling you is the most current update.

Perhaps others will chime in.

Last edited:

pokerbloker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey

reset your ipad under settings then do as my dad always said...

if it's not broken, don't fix it

thanks

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hey

reset your ipad under settings then do as my dad always said...

if it's not broken, don't fix it

thanks

It sounds like the OP has done that already, but yes, if not-always good to try a restart than a reset if all else fails.

pokerbloker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey skimonkey

I beg to differ...

It sounds like the OP has done that already, but yes, if not-always good to try a restart than a reset if all else fails.

I bought an ex-demo Ipad 1 from Best Buy and had to perform reset with no updates to get around probs.

regards

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hey skimonkey

I beg to differ...

I bought an ex-demo Ipad 1 from Best Buy and had to perform reset with no updates to get around probs.

regards

I am thinking of a hard reset of the ipad from pressing the power switch and the home button together until the slide lock appears to turn off.

What you are referring to is resetting it from the settings--which can erase all that the OP has on his ipad, which will bring it back to his factory settings. Not sure if this is what he wants to do, especially if he has difficulty having itunes recognize his device. Further information needs to be given in my opinion, before we lead him on the wrong path.

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@skimonkey.....sorry for spelling your name wrong earlier......it's a brain malfunction!

I'll go and correct it then write a hundred lines "must spell skimonkey's name correctly, must spell......."

The Archangel

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you bought your iPad new, don't forget you've got 90 days of free tech support from Apple, just in case you don't find your solution here. Though occasionally (probably not as often as we'd like to think) we out guess the pros.

Most reactions