What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings from a New Member

Patalarga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, my name is patalarga and I am joining you from Mexico City. I recently bought a new-to-me iPad2, my very first Apple product. I've tried some of the standard features and really think this will be a great addition to my little family of electronic gadgets.

Last night I downloaded an app to my PC and then installed iTunes on that same PC. I soon discovered that was the wrong order of business, but Apple support got me through the PC-to-iPad sync process for a previously downloaded app. Great!

This morning I believed that I could download another app and that it would sync automatically using iCloud. Wrong! What I discovered is that iTunes does not recognize my iPad at all--there is no "Devices" heading on the left-hand side of the iTunes page. When I plug the USB cable into my computer, my PC will only recognize my iPad as a camera. I am thoroughly frustrated. After about eight hours of trying to figure it out myself by following all the instructions on Apple support, I called a tech. He just left here after three solid hours and HE couldn't figure it out. I'm sure someone here can help me.

Thanks a million for being here, and I look forward to receiving your help and someday being able to help others.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there-I don't have an answer for you, but other members may.

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad (original-New), Acessories, Apps, Help, and Apple News.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5 by Apple Inc.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please read the rules!
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Most reactions

Latest posts