What's new
Apple iPad Forum ๐ŸŽ

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad2 but no FaceTime?

Jaxtah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting thread.
I live in the UAE and my husband sent me my iPad2 16G 3G as a present from Saudi.
FaceTime is installed on this particular iPad; which was brand new, straight out of the box with the clear-wrap still around it, untouched and untampered with by customs/postal carrier when I received it.
However, when I go to set up the account the country option of UAE is not available in the list, Qatar however, is listed.
Like others here in the UAE I am disappointed this is unavailable and will have to either do without, jailbreak, or wait until the powers that be decide to unblock FaceTime . . . I won't hold my breath on the last option ๎„š

Sent from here ๎Œ‡๎”ฐ๎Œ‡ to there on my iPad2 using iPF

Jaxtah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just tried the 'Tango' suggestion and that is also blocked here ๎–

nomaan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a solution to this

Interesting thread.
I live in the UAE and my husband sent me my iPad2 16G 3G as a present from Saudi.
FaceTime is installed on this particular iPad; which was brand new, straight out of the box with the clear-wrap still around it, untouched and untampered with by customs/postal carrier when I received it.
However, when I go to set up the account the country option of UAE is not available in the list, Qatar however, is listed.
Like others here in the UAE I am disappointed this is unavailable and will have to either do without, jailbreak, or wait until the powers that be decide to unblock FaceTime . . . I won't hold my breath on the last option ๎„š

Well you can make Facetime work if it is installed in the iPad 2. All you need to do is to select another country and go through the registration process. It will work for sure. I am using it in UAE (obviously I have the models that have FT installed) and I am feeding in another country's name. It works wonderfully well and doesnt even need a VPN.

tristaned

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well you can make Facetime work if it is installed in the iPad 2. All you need to do is to select another country and go through the registration process. It will work for sure. I am using it in UAE (obviously I have the models that have FT installed) and I am feeding in another country's name. It works wonderfully well and doesnt even need a VPN.

hi! how do i go to registration process and select another country?
i am living here in saudi arabia but can't log-in on facetime.. (it is installed in my ipad2)
forgive my ignorance on this subject as i am a new ipad owner..
thanks in advance!

Most reactions

Latest posts