What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPadOS 14 Upgrade - lost my call history in Facetime?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi All - currently reading Apple's new iPadOS 14 Guide and on the Facetime (FT) chapter, so decided to open the app on my just upgraded iPad Pro (11" bought 12/18) - well, I opened FT and found no 'call history' in the left vertical panel (first pic below)? Now I don't use FT often but had at least a dozen previous video calls - I did a hard reset w/o effect. My Catalina laptops' FT apps still had their call history but not sure where all of this is stored, iCloud?

Did some web searching (using the title terms above) and found that this does happen, not sure how often? Two websites (additional pics below), LINK1 and LINK2 had numerous suggestions but a macOS software download was needed - not sure that it's that important to me since I rarely use FT.

But curious if others upgrading to iPadOS (not sure about iOS for iPhone - never use FT on my XR) have lost their call history in FT? Thanks - Dave :)

ADDENDUM: Just checked my wife's upgraded Mini (5th G) - her call history in FT is intact - curious?
FacetimeBlank.PNG
Stellar.png
UFTPhone.png

OP
giradman

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My history is intact. It appears to the same as my iPhone’s phone app history. Probably because I use the same address/number for both.

Thanks Guys - well as stated in my addendum, wife's FT app on her Mini had her call history after I did the iPadOS upgrade - the links that I gave involved app DLs (likely 'free trials' and possibly disabled in a number of features, don't know?) which I felt not like doing - I use FT infrequently and always for family conversations that don't need to be saved - just thinking, I may have even cleaned it out myself a while back, cannot remember? :rolleyes: :D Dave

Most reactions

Latest posts