What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad owner/forum member

dbeth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife and I each got brand new iPad2s for an iPad class we are both taking this summer. For taking the class (Integrating iPads Into the Classroom), we each get an iPad. Needless to say, we are both thrilled, and are actually both using them now.

We both teach at the same HS in south-central Wisconsin. I teach math (11 years) and she teaches science(14 years). I also coach boys JV basketball.

I converted her to the Mac world about 8 years ago now, and she has in turn brought her father over about 5 years ago. So both of our parents (as well as my sister) are using Macs, and that has helped a ton in troubleshooting issues. However, my wife and I both use Android phones as our carrier doesn't offer iPhones. That's fine with us, as we both love our phones. They work great with our Macs, and I like the customization Android provides.

As for the iPad, she is going to town on hers, and I am finding myself using mine more and more and my MacBook Pro less and less for daily use. I picked up a couple whiteboard apps for basketball, and also Splashtop for my classroom (a STEAL at $2 if you ask me!). Today, I picked up Tapatalk. Had it on my Android phone (love it). Now, forums are a breeze.

We also picked up the Speck Smart Shell cases to use with our Smart Covers. Love the magnet on the back to keep the Smart Cover attached and out of the way when we are using it.

Looking forward to accessing the knowledge of this forum. Lots of good info to be had, and hopefully I can contribute my fair share.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts