What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Owner and New Member!

Ampress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well just got my new iPad 2 and I must say I am simply thrilled. It's just so convenient and handy. It came with a Smart cover too and this too is really useful. One question though - it seems to leave White marks on the screen at each fold. I'm wondering if I should wash it? The cover I mean, not the screen.

Qdiddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats on the new IPad 2, as for the cover I cleaned mine and it took care of that same problem

bubblecraft

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome! Glad you like your new toy!

Sent from my iPad or iPhone 4 using iPF

Jlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new, too.
Had mine for about a month now and loving it.
My cover did the same thing at first, only for about a week, then no more lines.
When it did have the lines, they wipe away with a soft cloth.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ampress said:
Well just got my new iPad 2 and I must say I am simply thrilled. It's just so convenient and handy. It came with a Smart cover too and this too is really useful. One question though - it seems to leave White marks on the screen at each fold. I'm wondering if I should wash it? The cover I mean, not the screen.

Hi, and welcome to the place for iPad information, in a friendly environment :)

I have never been a fan of Smart covers, but as long as the marks are not on your iPad, then I wouldn't worry too much!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome Ampress! You can also fold the Smart Cover so that the microfiber is facing inwards rather than outwards. In this way it does not pick up dust and the like from the surfaces on which it is being used. Enjoy your iPad. :)

wheems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
info said:
Welcome Ampress! You can also fold the Smart Cover so that the microfiber is facing inwards rather than outwards. In this way it does not pick up dust and the like from the surfaces on which it is being used. Enjoy your iPad. :)

That's an absolutely brilliant idea! *kicks self for not thinking of it*

OP
Ampress

Ampress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome you guys! and the suggestions.

Well I tried turning the cover around, but it doesn't seem stable the other way.
The magnets grab on strongly only one way. Anyway the marks do rub off very easily so no big deal I guess.

And landscape seems to be the best position, doesn't it? Although for iBooks I prefer reading in portrait mode.:)

wheems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ampress said:
Thanks for the welcome you guys! and the suggestions.

Well I tried turning the cover around, but it doesn't seem stable the other way.
The magnets grab on strongly only one way. Anyway the marks do rub off very easily so no big deal I guess.

And landscape seems to be the best position, doesn't it? Although for iBooks I prefer reading in portrait mode.:)

Yah. Just found that out, too...

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wheems said:
Yah. Just found that out, too...

Go for the ultimate! Check out Mach 3 Composites from the sponsors area of the forum. I'm waiting for a price and shipping costs for mine, but the pictures are nice and give you an idea Carbon Fibre!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts