What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad 2 and problems with BBC iplayer

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
michali said:
I stand to be corrected but when you say France is now supported....do you mean supported by BBCiPlayer? I thought you could only watch BBCiPlayer if your IP address was in the UK. To watch from outside the UK, you would need a VPN or a proxy.

There's an international version of BBC iPlayer that's supported in several countries, including Canada, where I live. This version of the app is a paid subscription service, with limited free viewing.

AnnieD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It would appear that it is indeed the paying service, it wants me to subscribe but I can't, it says that it is available in France, but not where I live. I'm thinking i does think I'm in the uk & that the paying service isn't available there - onky the free one!!!

Hey, I appear to be able to view the progs oing via the BBC site, so the end result is achieved :)

AnnieD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, it would appear that is the problem, if I try & dowlad iplayer from the BBC site I can't s the french app store doesn't have it (which clearly means I'm getting another another version) now just need to find a way to change stores (there's an app I want from the US store too!) - off to search the forum!!!

Thanks guys :)

Most reactions

Latest posts