What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New air and old 2 terabit hard drive

mrmullad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all
just purchased my first Ipad it is the air 32 gig + cellular and i have a 2 terabit hard drive with built in media player that is connected to my TV and i am wondering if there is a way to connect it to my network so i can access it with my ipad or is there a device to make it wireless, It is a matricon sumvision.
If anyone can help thanks in advance Dell

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi all
just purchased my first Ipad it is the air 32 gig + cellular and i have a 2 terabit hard drive with built in media player that is connected to my TV and i am wondering if there is a way to connect it to my network so i can access it with my ipad or is there a device to make it wireless, It is a matricon sumvision.

Hi Dell - I'm assuming that your have a 2 TB (i.e. terabyte not bit drive) - I'm not familiar w/ its features, but the HD cannot be attached to a 'native' (i.e. not jail broken) iPad like one would do w/ an USB connection to a standard computer - sorry, just not an option.

AV media stored or received on the iPad can be streamed or mirrored (using Apple's AirPlay technology) to a variety of devices (e.g. AirPlay compatible speakers, receivers, Apple TV, etc.). Compatible media that is loaded onto the iPad would be useable as described. There are multiple 'wireless' devices to place AV files onto the iPad but w/ limitations.

I cannot be more specific than the above w/o some more directed requirements from you - please provide more details of 'what' you want to accomplish, then we might be able to advise better. Dave :)

OP
mrmullad

mrmullad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply
All I was hoping was to be able to use the 2TB hard drive to store things and be able to access it from my new IPad .
Dell

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure what you mean by a 'hard drive with a built in media player connected to your tv'... A hard drive is a discreet computer component used only for storing data. http://www.computer-hardware-explained.com/computer-hard-drive.html

What exactly are you using to watch media on your TV? (The name and model number). That will help determine whether or not the device you can do what you want it to do.

OP
mrmullad

mrmullad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is a sum vision 2tb media player(cyclone primus) I just switch it on and select either a film or photo's to watch on TV but I can also backup my PC and store anything on it using a USB connection.
Thanks Dell

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk by an old man.

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OK.. I took a peek at the specs of the 2TB Sumvision media player on the net.

It appears that there is no way to connect it to an iPad. The only outputs on the device are HDMI, Composite Video, and Coaxial/Optical. It's only meant to be connected to a TV.

If there was a network port, you might have been able to connect your player to your network router and access the player over WiFi, but unfortunately the Sumvision has no network capabilities.

Most reactions

Latest posts