What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Netflix app

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had Netflix for an long time... Originally of course just for DVDs though now I only use it for streaming. I'm going to change my plan to streaming only as a matter of fact. As mentioned by someone else I simply use Redbox for anything not streamable and that I want to watch now.

But last night Netflix ticked me off. They deactivated my account because their billing system was having issues and it seemed like my CC was declined (it wasn't--they never even attempted a charge).

There was no time whatsoever given to rectify the problem. Immediate deactivation of account. I finally had to call them to find out what was going on... and they really didn't seem to care that they basically yanked my service for an error they admitted was their fault.

So that clinched it... lowered my plan to streaming only.

BTW: Whoever said redbox was for people without computers was WAY off base. Half the people I see at the machines already reserved the movie via the Internet, or right on their smartphone (I use Redbox app on my iPhone). Swipe CC, get the disc, and go. That is how I do it.

Michael

OP
accordlayingkit

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tinman said:
I have had Netflix for an long time... Originally of course just for DVDs though now I only use it for streaming. I'm going to change my plan to streaming only as a matter of fact. As mentioned by someone else I simply use Redbox for anything not streamable and that I want to watch now.

But last night Netflix ticked me off. They deactivated my account because their billing system was having issues and it seemed like my CC was declined (it wasn't--they never even attempted a charge).

There was no time whatsoever given to rectify the problem. Immediate deactivation of account. I finally had to call them to find out what was going on... and they really didn't seem to care that they basically yanked my service for an error they admitted was their fault.

So that clinched it... lowered my plan to streaming only.

BTW: Whoever said redbox was for people without computers was WAY off base. Half the people I see at the machines already reserved the movie via the Internet, or right on their smartphone (I use Redbox app on my iPhone). Swipe CC, get the disc, and go. That is how I do it.

Michael

So u reserve the movie via app or Internet for red box? So even know they have it, it won't let anyone get it because you reserved it and when u swipe your card it knows the reserved copy is for u? I haven't checked red box out before I just know where some are around my house

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is correct and it's very easy to use via Internet or app on iPhone. I'm thinking of the netflix for immediate streaming and convenience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mypad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I mainly use netflix for tv show, not all movies are available for streaming because of the copyrights of certain movies specially soon who went ahead and took out their movies from the streaming line up when they heard netflix streaming was coming on xbox 360 and not on ps3 (now i think ps3 has it too).

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, the PS3 has Netflix streaming. I watched a Netflix movie streamed to our PS3 the other day.

gatecitycanes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I watched The Goods on my iPad the other day ago. It looked just fine to me.

I hate that The Natural isn't available for streaming anymore. It used to be.

writerranger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I watched The Goods on my iPad the other day ago. It looked just fine to me.

I hate that The Natural isn't available for streaming anymore. It used to be.

They rotate a certain inventory in and out. The Natural will be back soon. Netflix streaming is one of the best deals - I LOVE this app!

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So u reserve the movie via app or Internet for red box? So even know they have it, it won't let anyone get it because you reserved it and when u swipe your card it knows the reserved copy is for u? I haven't checked red box out before I just know where some are around my house
Yes that is how it works.

Better yet you can check all your nearby Redboxes for availability. If it is a movie you are someone you know "have" to see you might decide to drive a little further if no nearby machines have it. Naturally you can return it anywhere.

You will be charged whether you pick it up or not. Seems fair enough because they have set it aside for you.

Very much Internet connected. As an example an email confirmation that I have returned a movie arrives to my iPhone usually before I make it back into my car to drive home. Often while I am still by the machine.

Michael

OP
accordlayingkit

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tinman said:
Yes that is how it works.

Better yet you can check all your nearby Redboxes for availability. If it is a movie you are someone you know "have" to see you might decide to drive a little further if no nearby machines have it. Naturally you can return it anywhere.

You will be charged whether you pick it up or not. Seems fair enough because they have set it aside for you.

Very much Internet connected. As an example an email confirmation that I have returned a movie arrives to my iPhone usually before I make it back into my car to drive home. Often while I am still by the machine.

Michael

Wow that sounds nice! What's the prices?

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's another Netflix noob question. Can the streaming be done through a Bluray DVR? Someone at work mentioned that and I have trouble wrapping my head around that.

writerranger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's another Netflix noob question. Can the streaming be done through a Bluray DVR? Someone at work mentioned that and I have trouble wrapping my head around that.

Yes. Netflix is putting its platform on so many things it is dizzying. As long as the appliance can get a broadband Internet connection, Netflix can put its application inside and make it capable of streaming.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Guess I'm lazy LOL. I just really like the convenience of sticking the DVD in my mailbox or picking it up there without having to drive to the Redbox. There is only one relatively convenient and we get Netflix DVDs overnight or send one back, get the new one back the second day. Works for me and for only $2 more a month I can watch a lot of DVDs a month---more than I would want to watch which is why after quite a number of years of 3 unlimited I changed ours to 1 DVD/streaming. I also have a nice queue of instants I've chosen when I had time so I don't have to do anything but pull one from my instant list when I'm in the mood to watch something. I do watch a movie on the Ipad while riding exercise bike but use Apple TV most of the time.

Most reactions

Latest posts