What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hulu vs netflix

tosh.jc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't really use July anymore...

Although kinda hot here in Arizona, I still get a lot of use out of July.

Gotta love auto-correct sometimes. ;)

I was also going to comment on how funny it is seeing all these words that don't fit, knowing they were typed up on an iPad.

I don't even use Hulu on my PC. I find it to be a cumbersome website and the adverts test my patience. I use Netflix and swear by it. Netflix has entire seasons available for streaming, and they stay up to date on some shows' current seasons.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got the Hulu app when it first appeared. I occasionally ran it to see what shows I could view in the free gallery. I waited several weeks and finally received my invitation to join Hulu, which I did. But I did not complete the process because I had to commit to buying my membership. Like the Wall Street Journal app and People magazine app, I did not want to buy any subscriptions for content I could get somewhere else for free.

I now have a page of apps that I acquired and have regulated as apps that I have found useless. Hulu is on that page and when the new os4 comes out, there will be a similar file folder.

I started a subscription to Netflix. Not only am I familiar with how it works, but the new iPad app makes it very easy to get what I want from this company. I am also getting 1500 AAdvantage miles for going thru American Airlines frequent flyer club.

irwaffles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've only used Hulu+ so far and there are commercials for some of the content, not all of them. But after reading all these posts I think I'll give Netflix a shot. Hulu's content is great for TV shoes (at least the ones I like) but I'll see how Netflix floats my boat and I'll report back.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went ahead and signed up for the one month trial with Netflix and it is awesome. The quality over my wi-fi connection is very good although I do occasionally see the picture get a little fuzzy for a minute or so. Half the reason I wanted the Ipad was for watching TV and movies and Netflix fills that role quite nicely. Being able to rent actual DVDs is going to be a nice plus as well.

05GT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been debating paying for Netflix since I can get alot of the shows that I like through torrents and what not.

I may use the trial offer and check it out.

gsr1379

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how does netflix work? Like say A tv show came out on Tuesday how soon could i watch it on netflix?

OP
W

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still find it quite funny how people complain about commercials with hulu plus. I've watched quite a bit on the iPad due to lack of commercials than what I get with directv..

05GT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how does netflix work? Like say A tv show came out on Tuesday how soon could i watch it on netflix?

They show past seasons of shows. If you want current seasons, you can use Hulu. ABC shows can be viewed using their iPad app. All other shows, I currently download and either watch in my media center or convert for iPad viewing.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hulu is crap....$10 a month and more commercials than the website!! Explain that! Netflix is commercial free and $1 less per month.

Big samm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love netflix.... I love it so much that I got 500$ of overcharge for Internet streaming on my Rogers bill... lol I would like to try hulu+ but they won't accept my credit card so I can't really say nothing about them... but i like the hulu+ app better than the netflix one... I'll give them that!!

OP
W

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hulu is crap....$10 a month and more commercials than the website!! Explain that! Netflix is commercial free and $1 less per month.

And netflix is movies. Hulu is tv. I have netflix as I like them blu rays, and streaming on the wii and ps3 is nice. iPad works good now too. But for hit shows, hulu.

And I don't think you've tried hulu because clearly you don't watch tv shows for the current season. :p

Reaction score
Ditto the Netflix camp! But, I'm not addicted to a lot of current TV shows so that may make a difference.

Now if only Comcast on Demand were watchable on iPad....

Most reactions

Latest posts