What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Needing help/advice

Reaction score
Ipad 2 accepts incoming emails refuses to send them. I've deleted and restored settings same thing keeps happening say your address or password is incorrect to send e mails....yet receives them!,, very frustrating. Have even updated the latest iOS no change...

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ipad 2 accepts incoming emails refuses to send them. I've deleted and restored settings same thing keeps happening say your address or password is incorrect to send e mails....yet receives them!,, very frustrating. Have even updated the latest iOS no change...
Did you try the Reset All Settings option?
If that doesn't work, have you tried deleting, then reinstalling the mail account?

OP
DiamondGeezerPablo
Reaction score
Ive deleted and re installed account it still happens. Reluctant to erase all settings only as last resort

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sounds like an outgoing SMTP port issue...did you manually set up the email in the ipad or let the ipad auto setup after entering credentials?

Which email service do you use?

OP
DiamondGeezerPablo
Reaction score
Sounds like an outgoing SMTP port issue...did you manually set up the email in the ipad or let the ipad auto setup after entering credentials?

Which email service do you use?
I let it set up automatically..i wouldnt dream of messing with advanced smpt settings.
The provider i use is hotmail.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I let it set up automatically..i wouldnt dream of messing with advanced smpt settings.
The provider i use is hotmail.
Which way did you set it up? Did you use the Outlook.com option to install it on your iPad?

Here's something else you can try: access the account using a computer, and look at the settings there.
Set "Mail Days to sync" to a shorter timeframe. If there are issues with the bandwidth, this will eliminate them.

Most reactions

Latest posts