What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't send email-says a copy will be put in out box

DICKNPHYL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have cked. Port settings - i'm using port 110 w/ ssl on.
Tried w/ port 995 as it is one in mail prefs. On my macpro work sta. I can receive e-mail. I have ckd mail prefs settings user-incoming - email address etc. Have shut ipad off and back on.
Anyone know of trick to solving ?
Thanks
dickster---------

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have cked. Port settings - i'm using port 110 w/ ssl on.
Tried w/ port 995 as it is one in mail prefs. On my macpro work sta. I can receive e-mail. I have ckd mail prefs settings user-incoming - email address etc. Have shut ipad off and back on.
Anyone know of trick to solving ?
Thanks
dickster---------

Is this a new problem - i.e. the iPad has been fine sending mail previously and this problem has just developed, or it's the first time you've try to send mail from your iPad?

Are you trying to send email from your home location or somewhere different - a friend's house for example? Are you using WiFi or 3G?

You seem aware of port numbers etc, so I'm sure you're familiar with the Port 25 relay problem and some service providers reluctance to relay mail on any port number.

Get back to us and we'll try to sort this out.

Tim

OP
DICKNPHYL

DICKNPHYL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't send mail

Tim thanks for response! I figured it out! The iPad runs on port 25, not the 995 I was trying to use. It seems to work fine now.
Thanks again
Dickster------

Most reactions

Latest posts