What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need to reset an IPAD 4

fstanczyc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am new to this site and new to everything Apple, I am an Android man.

I have a problem that I can't seem to find a fix for. My brother-in-law is terminally ill and not expected to make it much longer. We were cleaning out his house and found an IPAD 4 but I don't have the passcode, Icloud account or access to his Itunes. I reset the IPAD but Itunes wants the original Apple ID and password that were used to set it up.

Am I going to have to throw away a perfectly good $350 IPAD?

Thanks in advance,

Frank

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
While it's possible to remove the passcode from an iPad, you won't be able to erase it without his Apple ID and password. There's no way around iCloud's Activation Lock. Sorry!

OP
F

fstanczyc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First off, Jupiter 7, how my wife and I grieve my brother-in-law is of no concern to anyone but us.

My wife and I just got off the phone with Apple, even with having his full Power Of Attorney they will not help us unlock his IPAD. They kept wanting the receipt for the purchase but there is no way for us to get that.

I was hoping I could finally see what all the Apple hoopla was about but it was not to be. This whole experience has turned off any remaining interest in ever owning or using any Apple product.

It does indeed look like this perfectly good 4th Gen IPAD is going in the trash.

Frank

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is it possible to ask your brother-in-law for his iCloud ID and password?

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I to am sorry about your relative, but agree with J.A.
About getting the iCloud details.
I would also wish that these points not turn you against Apple. The protection is there for a reason.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
F

fstanczyc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only reason I started this project is I thought it would have been a fairly quick and simple process, either by completely reloading the IPAD or using the power of attorney to have Apple reset his Icloud password.

There is no way of getting his Icloud account information from him. This morning we received word from the hospital down in Delaware that he has taken an unexpected and quick turn for the worse, his Doctors are now giving him only a few hours.

It sounds like our last hope is that we find something in the boxes and boxes of paperwork that we brought home. Hopefully a list of passwords, that will help us in many other areas also.

I'm going to have to put this project on hold for a little while.

Thank you for the replies, I will let you know if I am able to access the IPAD.

Frank

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry for your impending loss and that we couldn't help you access the iPad. I wish you and your family the best in this time of trial.

Most reactions

Latest posts