What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help With Mail

jope

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. Using an iPad 32 gb + 3g. Trying to set up mail. 3G is not active yet. Just using WiFi. Can receive mail; but when I try to send, I get a message stating, "cannot send mail - the sender address was invalid" Have been to settings and cant figure it out. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
jope said:
Hi. Using an iPad 32 gb + 3g. Trying to set up mail. 3G is not active yet. Just using WiFi. Can receive mail; but when I try to send, I get a message stating, "cannot send mail - the sender address was invalid" Have been to settings and cant figure it out. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!
Try sending an email to your self first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ICONYK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your outgoing mail server must be wrong bro. Double check them. If those are correct check with your mail server and see if outgoing mail needs authentication.

IJon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got the ipad 3G yesterday and LOVE it! I am having a problem with the e-mail also. I am using Road Runner and can receive e-mail when using WIFI but can't send. When using 3G I can send e-mail but can't receive. Any ideas??

rtking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got the ipad 3G yesterday and LOVE it! I am having a problem with the e-mail also. I am using Road Runner and can receive e-mail when using WIFI but can't send. When using 3G I can send e-mail but can't receive. Any ideas??

Time Warner will allow incoming email,, but will ot allow you to send email unless you're in your home network. What I recommend is to setup a Gmail account and forward your Time Warner email to that account. That's what I did and it works great.

OP
J

jope

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I figured it out. For those with outgoing email problems -- go to settings>email. Tap on outgoing email; tap on your account. You will need to get the info from your email provider (my cable co. in my case) and fill in the info you see (including outgoing port, which was my issue). Im told sometimes the providers -- especially cable cos - make this info difficult to simply "copy" over. So if you initially sync'd and did a straight copy of your settings (as opposed to manually) you could have an issue as i did. once i set it up manually, all is good!!!

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Time Warner will allow incoming email,, but will ot allow you to send email unless you're in your home network. What I recommend is to setup a Gmail account and forward your Time Warner email to that account. That's what I did and it works great.

In your email account just specify for the Time Warner account the SMTP-Server from GMail. No need to forward any emails.

lowlife

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Glad you guys got it working. I use Gmail and it syncs contacts, calendar, and of course email beautifully. Get the added bonus of google docs and their other stuff.

Vshea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I figured it out. For those with outgoing email problems -- go to settings>email. Tap on outgoing email; tap on your account. You will need to get the info from your email provider (my cable co. in my case) and fill in the info you see (including outgoing port, which was my issue). Im told sometimes the providers -- especially cable cos - make this info difficult to simply "copy" over. So if you initially sync'd and did a straight copy of your settings (as opposed to manually) you could have an issue as i did. once i set it up manually, all is good!!!

I have an iPhone and the Road Runner works just fine. So I used the same setting for my iPad except for the outgoing server name but it still says cannot send email or invalid email address.

Can you send me the your solution in detail because for some reason the TWC rep doesn;t know!!!!!!!!!! please to vasawi2001atyahoodotcom

jph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad mail probs

I have the same problem here in England.
The settings are correct and the mail works great on the
MobileMe and Google email accounts but will not stop telling me that my
settings are wrong on the other two Plusnet accounts only for my mail to arrive anywhere between five minuets and forty hours later !!
Is it possible that MobileMe is trying to 'run the show' and get rid of the
lesser rivals?

Most reactions