What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi, I am new on this site and to iPad. I need help.

normsmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love this thing but am having a tough time figuring things out, due to senior moments and hours :). (over 70 and am on medication that doesnt help) I live on Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, Canada.
My niece set up my Email account . I can receive mail but cant send. When I try to send, a window comes up and says
Cannot send Mail
the connection to the outgoing
server xxxxxxxx failed

I would sincerely appreciate any help in the area of what am I doing wrong?:(

Thanks,
Norm Smith

Dan_Knight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, you need to have your outgoing server setup properly. Make sure you have the correct outgoing server address (eg: smtp.myisp.com) and also make sure you're authenticating to it. Your username and password must be entered into the mail account settings in order to login to send mail.

Try google using your ISP (aol, yahoo, etc.) with the terms "iPad mail setup" see if there are any guides online with the exact settings for your ISP.

OP
N

normsmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dan, Thank you ever so much. I will gice it a try.
Norm

Most reactions