What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help on 3G from At&t prepaid plan

bww

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just ordered ipad2 (my first) and it is arriving on Monday. I have ATT 3G on the ipad and want to get the prepaid $14.95 or $25 but I had some questions for those of you who have this model and plan.

1. If I turn it on say the 25th of October what is the latest day in Nov that I can turn it off?

2. Can I start using the $25 plan and then the next month switch to the 14.95 (how is this accomplished)?

Any other "best practice" tips would be helpful.

Thanks so much.

schmidtj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just ordered ipad2 (my first) and it is arriving on Monday. I have ATT 3G on the ipad and want to get the prepaid $14.95 or $25 but I had some questions for those of you who have this model and plan.

1. If I turn it on say the 25th of October what is the latest day in Nov that I can turn it off?

2. Can I start using the $25 plan and then the next month switch to the 14.95 (how is this accomplished)?

Any other "best practice" tips would be helpful.

Thanks so much.
Why wait? If you want to keep it from auto renewing just Cancel your plan now but choose the option "Delete Account Later". You will be able to use your 3G account until it runs out (and it won't automatically renew) or your 30 days are up (and it still won't auto renew). You then have 60 days to reup for the 250MB or $25 Plan at your convenience.
Your second question's answer is yes. Just go into your 3G settings on the iPad and choose the plan you want you can switch as often as you wish after each plan runs out.

OP
B

bww

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your answers they are exactly what I needed to know. I did not realize I would be able to just cancel with "delete account later" and I would be able to use the allowance until it ran out or the 30 days were up. Also I didn't know about the 60 days. Thanks again.

Most reactions