What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help!!! Ipad 3g 64gb died!!!

trev2401

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help!!! i've had my ipad 3g 65gb for over 2 weeks, and have been using it pretty much as a book reader/normal use.

Battery's at 90%, and i'm having dinner.

After dinner and a shower (around 1.5hrs), the ipad just won't on! Tried pluggin it into both the computer, charging it with the AC adapter, pressing and holding on to every possible button combination, but it just won't on!!!

anyone, pleasssse.. help me. :( :( :(

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hold in the Square Home button and the Lock button for 10 seconds and see if it reboots.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What a helpful first post. Sure looks like a white square inside of the round button to me.

Joe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
try rebooting or bring it back!
(and let us know please, this is interesting!)

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hold the circular home button with the white square on it and the lock/power button at the same time for about 5-10 seconds and it should reboot.

If not, and all other routes still won't work, it might be time to go in to the Apple Store for a repair/replacement.

OP
T

trev2401

iPF Noob
Reaction score
apologies for this sad first post/lack of an introduction.

ok, i tried EVERYTHING as mentioned above, but nothing happened to it. even held on to each button combination for over 2-3 minutes.. still nothing.

kept it plugged into the PC & AC turn by turn, nothing.

until FINALLY, 5 hours later, it decided to boot itself up.

Nonetheless, i've had a lengthy chat with apple's customer/technical support, who's agreed to setup an appointment at the nearest apple store.

i'll be returning this pad btw, and will insist on a new one... scary, especially when it's 3 weeks old.

:(

Most reactions

Latest posts