What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need a little help here :)

BlackOropher26

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So let me start from the very beginning. isaw an ad for an ipod touch 4 and so i contacted thne owner coz i'm interested.And yea i bought it.Few days later i tried to sync it to itunes and update its ios knowing that it would remove the jailbreak but it cannot be recognized by both computer and itunes, so i couldnt use it.All i can do there is to listen to the stored music, play some crappy games, stare at the undeletBle photos of the owner, and consume the remaining 2gb.I contacted the owner about this, since OBVIOUSLY, his itouch is no use for me.So our deal was, i add an extra cash for the 32gb model since i just bought the 8gb.I bought it for $100, he's asking me to add an extra 34 dollars for the said model(as he said it was not jailbroken nor its damaged) so now i need help.How do i check if its in a proper condition? i've been frustrated for the past days since i technically lost a hundred dollars over a broken ipod, and i dont want to get even more frustrated if i add more for another broken ipod. And ya, this is my last shot to atleast have satisfaction to myself without regrets since he wouldnt settle for a refund. So going back..how do i check? *How do i know if its still jailbroken?( i heard you can remove the cydia app itself but leaving the ipod jb still) *This may sound difficult, but how do you know if i can still use it i'm meeting him again this saturday for the settlement.I hope i can get answers soon.The ipod is on ios 4(if its necessary) dde0a

A little more info..dont tell me that i'm d*mb enough to buy a jailbroken ipod cos he didnt really told this on the ad.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
its jailbroken so i'd be stuck with the apple logo with a never ending circle.

Have you tried restoring it it via the DFU method? Granted, you said that iTunes didn't recognize it, but if you put the iPod into DFU mode and then open iTunes - hopefully, iTunes should recognize it and you can then restore.

Marilyn

OP
B

BlackOropher26

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you tried restoring it it via the DFU method? Granted, you said that iTunes didn't recognize it, but if you put the iPod into DFU mode and then open iTunes - hopefully, iTunes should recognize it and you can then restore. Marilyn

correct me if i'm wrong, is the dfu mode the one tat when u dovit to your device, it takes too long to open again..even when u charge it? yes i tried that and it didnt work.It seems to me that the computer doesnt even know an apple device is connected..cs the device shows up as an unknown device(code 43) and doesnt even show under apple devices.

Fixing the ipod i got before is not really my problem now, because i've already tried every single possibilities and non of them worked.I've already uninstall and reinstalled all the apple inc related apps but it didnt work.I tried replacing another usb cable but it didnt work.Its very obvious to me now tat it has a hardware issue and its unfixable.What i need now is to know how to check an ipod's condition, given that i can't access a computer at the meetup to test it.

Also, if an ipod is jailbroken, does it still give u the 'SOFTWARE UPDATE' feature or is it gone?
How do you know if an ipod is still jailbroken?
This is pretty hard, but how do u know if an ipod has hardware issues? thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts