What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help removing some stuff

W.Feather

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got a used iPad 4 to replace my iPad 3 (for more internal storage), however the previous owner did not remove all their apps. In particular I have: XBMCHUB Wizard, and Nito Installer that I have no use for, and would like to remove, but for the life of me I have no idea how, when trying to look for them in Cydia I cannot find them as being installed (yet the load up and work), and using Cydelete auto sends the iPad into a safemode boot. Ideally id like to just wipe the iPad back to a fresh jailbreak state (dont know how possible this is, no blobs since I bought the ipad used), ideas for clearing out all the old owners apps?

Edit: its almost as if they were apps tied to his Cydia account, but now that that is no longer on the iPad, they are not seen as "being there". If that makes sense.

Thanks,
-W.Feather

OP
W

W.Feather

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seems going and adding repos again (Only had saurik's), and installing the apps (even though they were on the iPad), and then uninstalling worked.

OP
W

W.Feather

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Happens there are more on the iPad that I do not know about (Active Dock for sure is one of them, having issues known to be caused by it...), Any ideas on how to remove its remenants? I would rather not pay $2 for an app I will nto use just to get this iPad to work on a jailbreak correctly

If I were to get the blobs from the guy I bought it from (assuming he has them) would that allow me to do a restore + JB on that ?

-W.feather

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you want to retain the jailbreak but remove everything else completely, you can use Semirestore or ILEX R.A.T. A bit more in-depth of an explanation here.

OP
W

W.Feather

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I actually just went and did that not 10 minutes ago. It worked like a charm, I never knew of this software, was very very helpful in this case :)

Most reactions

Latest posts