What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need a 3G Ipad by tomorrow morning

mjeagent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For business...been running around all day trying to find one - Best Buy and Apple. I had been relying on Best Buy's site to let me know what stores had them in stock (virtually none) only to find out that they are not updating their stock through the website. Apparently, they are getting random shipments, some rather significant. I hope I can track one down sometime this evening. I also would like to avoid getting raped via Craigslist.

Takenover83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good luck. Sold out all across the country. WIFI are getting easier to locate, but the 3G's are a pain. Even the day they were released my local area only had 64GB 3G's. I caved and just ordered from Apple.com on the 1st.

JeffMorse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pretty sure your only option is going to be paying a couple hundred bucks more to someone on craigslist. I've been searching high and low for a 3g model as well with no luck.

dabears

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to trade my wifi for a 3g

I don't mean to discourage you from your decision but are you just trading it because you think 3G is more convenient or just getting caught up with all the 3G hyped? I was once in your position and as the day goes by I'm just fine with wifi and uses my iPhone to tether with on a minimal occasion. Determine your usage with your current iPad wifi and see if you really need the 3G and then decide from there. Just trying to help out a fellow iPad user. Best of luck.

tampa03cobra

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I don't mean to discourage you from your decision but are you just trading it because you think 3G is more convenient or just getting caught up with all the 3G hyped? I was once in your position and as the day goes by I'm just fine with wifi and uses my iPhone to tether with on a minimal occasion. Determine your usage with your current iPad wifi and see if you really need the 3G and then decide from there. Just trying to help out a fellow iPad user. Best of luck.

I was in the same position. I got a Wifi on launch day, and planned to trade it + some cash for the 3G model when it came out. However, the more I use it (and tether using Joikuspot on my Nokia phone), I think the advantages of the Wifi unit (longer battery life since your not running HSDPA radios and no "3G" restriction since my 3G connection is over wifi) were enough to sway me to keep mine.

I figure, I don't have any of the reported defects some 3G units are seeing (light leaking through the case), and since I already have 3G wherever (with much better signal/speed since it's using a Nokia antenna) that for me I can't see spending 25 bucks more a month for separate data access.

Not knocking the 3G Ipad at all, but for me, I think I'm sticking with my wifi unit after all.

Takenover83

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I was in the same position. I got a Wifi on launch day, and planned to trade it + some cash for the 3G model when it came out. However, the more I use it (and tether using Joikuspot on my Nokia phone), I think the advantages of the Wifi unit (longer battery life since your not running HSDPA radios and no "3G" restriction since my 3G connection is over wifi) were enough to sway me to keep mine.

I figure, I don't have any of the reported defects some 3G units are seeing (light leaking through the case), and since I already have 3G wherever (with much better signal/speed since it's using a Nokia antenna) that for me I can't see spending 25 bucks more a month for separate data access.

Not knocking the 3G Ipad at all, but for me, I think I'm sticking with my wifi unit after all.
I guess it depends on the individual. Myself? I can live without a cell phone. Instead of paying high cost for minutes/text/data plan, I will just pay the $30 unlimited 3G access to ATT. With that, I can have unlimited text via my Google Voice account, and that is enough for most of my conversations. I could also use VOIP (I have one in my $20 a year MagicJack that I have used for almost 2 years) in a pinch via a blue-tooth adapter if I needed to. You just take what you have, and make it work for you. and for $30, I could not complain.

JeffMorse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm in Southern Cali and I called at least 6 Apple stores and 5 Best Buy stores yesterday with no luck. Wish I'd known about the Glendale store...

I picked up a wifi version and will trade it for a 3g version and pay the restocking fee I guess. I have a Blackberry and can't tether. Being able to access the work server from anywhere is too good to not get the 3g model.

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try calling those best buys! The website are no help. And good things come to those who wait soon there will be no iPad shortages!

Most reactions

Latest posts