What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MYSTERIOUS iPAD 2 DEAD PIXEL

PhilSynowiec

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRlb2kcYRGU[/ame]​

Recently I found this dead pixel on my iPad 2. Not sure if it was there when I first opened the iPad or if it died afterwards but something is definitely there. Now this dead pixel is really strange because it only show up sometimes. Honestly, I have no clue what to make of this. Maybe the audience out there could give it a shot?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are so funny! I love watching your videos ~ esp. listening to them!

Okay ~ So ~ maybe your iPad is possessed? :D

I do see that blue dot ~ hope it doesn't get worse! Do you think it is that serious to return it for a new one?

ConnorS92

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a dead pixel on my iPad 1 but it only shows up when the area is black otherwise is ok so it doesn't bother me than much

VampiressRN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
vampswillowhouse.willowhouse.com
I am certainly not an expert, but have had a couple of dead pixels on laptops before. Nothing you can really do, they don't seem to affect the pixels next to them. Can't get any worse cause they are dead. But like Connors said, ya just learn to ignore them. If you have a warranty, it bothers you, and want a replacement best go for it before the expiration.

MadDragon1846

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it bothers you, I'd get it changed.

I know it's not an ipad, but I got a Nintendo DS when they 1st came out, and it had a dead/stuck pixel (it's constantly red). I was hoping I'd learn to ignore it, but even when I play my DS after all this time, that pixel still drives me mad! :(

8nobody8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bizarre. Surly if it was "dead" then it would be dead all the time? Perhaps it's in the process of dying? (I actually have no ideas!). I did notice yesterday that someone on a ipad2 discussion thread was talking about a similar feature though..alongside bleeding issues...

But hey unless you are going to be fascinated by it instead of annoyed then it's all good. Otherwise I would take it back. Personally it would drive me a little nuts.

misfortune13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes I need also more info for this thread
grey.png

RunningIrish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just noticed a dead pixel on mine. I also have backlit bleed but it is minimal. I was going to over look the backlight bleed, but not with a dead pixel. I'll be calling to document the complaint, but will wait until close to the 1year mark to replace it so that stores have it in stock, but mainly to give apple time to remove their heads from you know where and solve these production issue. I realize that they are overwhelmed by demand, but you are really hurting your image and customer service when you sacrifice quality for quantity. The reason I went with an iPad over the others is because of apple's reputation for an awesome product. I guess I'll be testing out their noteworthiness for customer service too.

rawzet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got mine and the only thing that is stoping me from returning it is the fact that I got in engraved. What did you end up doing with yours, did it get worse?

jay84h

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not a dead pixel, it's a dying pixel. The reason why it shows up at random times is because it's not fully dead yet. Once it shows up for good is when it's completely dead, which is only a matter of time.

Most reactions

Latest posts