What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead pixel on my ipad screen

mardhiahiftiah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a small dead pixel on my ipad screen.. Sometimes it change to red when the screen is black and change to blue when screen is white... Some one help me... Should i claim the warranty....

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple seem to have a fairly generous policy towards replacing defective iPads although there have been varying reports of success with dead pixels. For sure, it would annoy me and I'd most certainly have returned it.

Tim

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
I had a dead pixel on my iPhone a while ago. Finally, I got to the Apple store to see if they could fix it or replace it. To my surprised, it did not show up anymore. The Apple Genius asked me if I had updated my iPhone recently and that was the case. Seems that in some cases, just resetting your device can fix a dead/stuck pixel.

1- backup your device
2- try a shutdown/reboot of your device holding the sleep button. If it does not do the trick, continue with next step
3- connect your device to iTunes, and set as a new device, wiping everything...
4- check for the dead pixel. If you're lucky, it should be gone
5- restore your device with your backup

In my case, without knowing it, it solved my problem. I don't know if its the dfu mode, or starting from scratch, but it worked. Of course, this will work with a stuck pixel. If it is really dead, Apple Store is your next destination...

VicoPad addict!

Most reactions

Latest posts