What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mysterious change

mbutler205

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For reasons unknown to me, my iPad has begun opening web site windows at the bottom of the web page, e.g., if I am on a news web site and touch an article link, the window opens at the bottom of the page. Any help in changing that to the top of the page would be appreciated.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Please, I'm afraid I'm not understanding what you are describing. You'll have to post a couple more times before you can include a screenshot. Take a quick look around at the threads. I'm sure you'll find something you want to comment on. Or just tell us a bit more about the problem here, and add the screen shot when you can.

Things you can tell us that will help.

What iOS version you are on. (Check in Settings > General > About; if you don't know)
If you are using Safari, or some other browser.
If it's not private, the website(s) you are seeing this behavior on, and whether it's on all/most websites or just a few.

Anything else you can think of that might make a difference.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have moved this to the HELP SECTION and out of the FORUM RULES SECTION for better attention.

Thanks for your understanding.

Skimonkey ~ ipadforum Moderator | iPhoneforum Moderator

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've thought this over, and I think I understand.

Recently some sites have started to open an all page advertisement at the bottom of page. It looks something like a second webpage overlapping the first, at the bottom of the screen. There is no (x) to close it, and it insists on getting in the way when you try to scroll the site. It almost always says Google in the title bar.

My method for dealing with it is to leave the site. If they are going to annoy me with adds and features that prevent me from reading their content, then they can go without my page views. If they do it consistently, I'll complain and leave permanently until someone comes to their senses.

At any rate, it's a website issue. There is little you can do other than complain. It is possible that the WebBlock and/or AddBlock apps might fix this, if they are indeed being sent by an add server.

On the other hand if you are talking about tabs being at the bottom of the page, I have no idea. This should not be possible in Safari. Well, unless you jailbreak, but that's a whole other game.

Most reactions

Latest posts