What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My London trip

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This evening I fly home to Canada and last night I realized I hadn't seen Abbey Road. This morning I decided to rectify that.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Here's my view of the famous Zebra crossing.

The low white wall to the left is Abbey Road Studios.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Really great shots once more scifan! I really liked the ones of that old door and the reflections of Westminster Abbey in the rain puddle. Have a good, safe trip home to Canada:)
Andrew

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Really great shots once more scifan! I really liked the ones of that old door and the reflections of Westminster Abbey in the rain puddle. Have a good, safe trip home to Canada:)
Andrew
Thanks Andrew.

After I get home, I have many more photos to post as there is no time to do it before I leave.

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm currently in the departure lounge at Heathrow, waiting for my flight back to Canada.
image.jpg

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great!

We'd have liked to visit the Abbey last year, but were discouraged by the line of tourists. :(
Hopefully you'll get to see the Abbey on a future trip. It's worth the wait in line.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully you'll get to see the Abbey on a future trip. It's worth the wait in line.
Maybe next year. We're planning to visit London during our Easter holidays, for a week. Hopefully it won't be as crowded as in summer.

I hope you'll have a safe trip home.

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, Johanna.

Right now I'm in my seat waiting for takeoff.

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's hoping you'll have a few days off when you get back, before you have to work again.
I don't have to work until next Tuesday.
Also, I missed my connection to Regina so the airline is putting me up in a Toronto hotel overnight at no cost to me and flying me home in the morning.
image.jpg

The flight from London went very well, I had an exit row seat with all that extra legroom.

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, I missed my connection to Regina so the airline is putting me up in a Toronto hotel overnight at no cost to me and flying me home in the morning.
View attachment 60065
The flight from London went very well, I had an exit row seat with all that extra legroom.
Lucky you!
I always have problems in buses and planes because of the non-existent space for my legs.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Sorry for the inconvenience after a trans-Atlantic flight - being in Toronto, hope that you found a good meal! :)

Susan & I have been caught in these trans-Atlantic plane delays - longest was years ago coming back from Italy - the plane was being repaired and we had a 12-lag in Milan, so nothing to do but sit around and read; can't remember but may have had a portable cassette player in those days - Dave

Last edited:
OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry for the inconvenience after a trans-Atlantic flight - being in Toronto, hope that you found a good meal! :)

Susan & I have been caught in thes etrans-Atlantic plane delays - longest was years ago coming back from Italy - the plane was being repaired and we had a 12-lag in Milan, so nothing to do but sit around and read; can't remember but may have had a portable cassette player in those days - Dave
The airline also paid for supper last night and breakfast this morning.
It was a very nice room, about three times the size of the one I had in London.

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
On Monday, before visiting Westminster Abbey, I was walking in the area and took these Photos of the heavily fortified entrance to Downing Street, where the Prime Minister lives. In the second photo, if you look closely, you can see a black brick building on the right hand side of the street. That's 10 Downing Street, the official residence of the Prime Minister.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Most reactions