What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Took a trip to the apple store in Regent street, London, to try and find some info!

iJake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
apple-regent-street.jpg

Ok, so living an hour a way from The biggest apple store in London, i thought i would take a trip to see if i could find out a bit more info, first hand.

I asked about 5 men and women in blue tops for about 10 minutes each trying to get at least a cheeky 'I know something' smile out of them, but, i got nothing.

I then saw a few men in black shirts, with ipo shaped name tags who seemed a bit more higher up in the stores employees, but them being very busy, they did not have time to even notice a customer trying to get some info. Not expecting to get any information at all, i thought i would try one more person and leave it. As i asked away for at least an idea on the uk pricing or release date, I began to bribe the man with money, obviously, I 99.99999% knew i wouldn't get anything out of him, he replied with, "It's not like we have a secret newsletter or anything, we have been told Late April, and have been kept in the dark as much as you".

I even asked them if there was any black out days this month, where the staff were not allowed holiday, but they strongly informed me they did not have any days like that ( as if I can believe that!) As genuine as they all seemed, I don't think my £20 would be a match to their iPad discount they would probably get if they kept it quiet..

I tried, had a bit of fun along the way, but failed!!, as frustrated as i am for wanting to know the UK info, mabye I've had more fun learning spec to spec about the iPad, and once i finally hold one, all the fun will be over, actually, I don't think that will happen :):D

:ipad-keyboard: How long must I wait for a simple release date and pricing!!

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey - I live 978 miles from Apples headquarters on Earth - and I still can't get anything better than late April!

hamletpri

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the benifits of youth

I do one to one at my local apple shop (in australia, hardly regent street size) and i have got heaps out of them. My trainer Phil, is a ledgend. And before the doncaster store opened, my trainer claire told me about that (because i had a suspicious hunch and asked) but i genuinely think they don't know about the international release dates, he probably would have told me.
Being 13 is much easier for this. I got a free copy of Final Cut Studio off my one to one trainer, Apple rock, in all aspects :)

Most reactions