What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Ipad syncd my calender wirelessly???

LAC_STS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont know if this is weird or something I just dont know about but last night I set about five or six events on the calender of my ipad because it doesn't have an alarm and its louder than my Iphone and I had to get up early.

This morning my Iphone started going off about two hours after all my alarms on my Ipad went off. When I looked at it it was the same ones I set for my Ipad but they were all moved a couple hours later.

I had set the Ipad ones to between 8AM to 10:10AM. On my Iphone they were at 11AM to 1:10 AM.

They are the same alarms and I have not hooked neither my Ipad or my Iphone up to any computer since I set them.

Is this something I dont know about that is supposed to happen? And if so why are the times different.

Here are some pics.

photo2-1.png

photo.jpg

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
do you use mobile me or any other cloub based exchange? I have my google calendar synced thru exchange so if I make a change on my ipad it reflects on my mac, my phone, and my google calendar.

OP
L

LAC_STS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
do you use mobile me or any other cloub based exchange? I have my google calendar synced thru exchange so if I make a change on my ipad it reflects on my mac, my phone, and my google calendar.

Yes I have Mobile Me. I didnt know it would sync my calender like that though.

Have any idea why the times are different? I checked and the time on my Ipad and the time on my Iphone are exactly the same.

Thanks

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That I don't know.

Is the timezone set differently on your phone? Or maybe your phone is from one time zone and you live in another? My phone is from FL and I live in CA...so I will get text messages from the future all the time.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I travel a lot internationally and it is the time zones probably. Also Microsoft Exchange server will sync automatically.

OP
L

LAC_STS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That I don't know.

Is the timezone set differently on your phone? Or maybe your phone is from one time zone and you live in another? My phone is from FL and I live in CA...so I will get text messages from the future all the time.

Nope both eastern time zone and they are set to the same time. I just checked and all time settings are the same.

Wierd

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I travel a lot internationally and it is the time zones probably. Also Microsoft Exchange server will sync automatically.

Google uses Exchange...it's awesome. My contacts and calendar sync of seamlessly! I can't wait for Verizon iPhone!

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yes I have Mobile Me. I didnt know it would sync my calender like that though.

Have any idea why the times are different? I checked and the time on my Ipad and the time on my Iphone are exactly the same.

Thanks

You can't setup your mobleme syncing preference at me.com. Your contacts are more than likely synching as well

kravdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Google uses Exchange...it's awesome. My contacts and calendar sync of seamlessly! I can't wait for Verizon iPhone!

Well, news came out yesterday that AT&T has exclusivity on the iPhone until 2012... So, it looks like we will be waiting for a while!

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Well, news came out yesterday that AT&T has exclusivity on the iPhone until 2012... So, it looks like we will be waiting for a while!

Well the good thing is AT&T and verizon will be on the same network (LTE) before then...which means you will be able to use an unlocked iPhone on verizon, whether AT&T likes it or not!

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Well the good thing is AT&T and verizon will be on the same network (LTE) before then...which means you will be able to use an unlocked iPhone on verizon, whether AT&T likes it or not!

I think Apple is making a huge mistake not allowing all carriers to offer the iPhone....I mean why not?

OP
L

LAC_STS

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I HATE Verizon and REALLY REALLY REALLY hope they dont go to Verizon.

But I read the 2012 thing too. but then I also read in multiple places that the 2012 contract was true but that no one can tell if it is still in effect.

Contracts like that can be broken for all kinds of reasons. A couple I read on Engadget and gizmodo were AT&T not keeping up with its network (I always have great service and never experience the crap all the AT&T haters complain about), and the expandind of the mobile Iphone market.

HERE is the link to Engadgets coverage of it.

Again, I REALLY hope they dont go to Verizon. If they do I will just buy an international one and use it unlocked on T-Mobile.

I dont see Apple configuring the Iphone to work with old crap CDMA networks either. Although all of Verizons customer reach may give them motive.

I also heard that Apple secured an extension or maybe Apple not canceling the contract with them by giving such low prices on the Ipads data plans.

Most reactions

Latest posts