What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help making a game remember my progress/rank on both iPad and iPhone

sw339

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am playing Robot Unicorn Attack 2 (don't laugh) on my iPhone but when I am home I like to play it on the larger screen of my iPad. I dont play alot of games on both devices usually sticking to the iPad for the most part so dont know how simple this is. The iPad does not remember my progress on iPhone. I am logged into gamecenter on both devices. Anything I am doing wrong? I looked in the games settings in "Settings" and I see nothing obvious.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unless you are playing a game on a server (usually a multi-player game such as Words With Friends and the like), the two games on your two iDevices are different games and will not sync. You cannot sync your playing between devices; you have to work through the levels on each different device - no sharing.

Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
S

sw339

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh I didnt know that, I assumed Game Centre synced everything. Good to know, thanks!

OP
S

sw339

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just found a fix for this actually. If Documents & Date in iCloud are both on, then both devices will share the same game data. Did it and now my iPad keeps up with my iPhone progress and my rank and points are the same on both. Just for anyone else who has this issue.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, that's pretty cool! I don't use this feature (and I don't play many games), so I didn't know about it. Thanks for letting us know and updating this thread.

Marilyn

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's great info to know!

Some games will sync between devices if they play the game through Facebook.

Never knew of another way, so thanks for that!

OP
S

sw339

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah! I just stumbled upon it yesterday. It seems iCloud backup has to be on instead of iTunes (where it backs up on your PC). That way both "talk" to each other on the cloud and trade info. Now both games reflect the same progress and ranks. Not sure if it works for all games but it fixed itself for RUA2 when I did this on both devices.

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can it still work if the app is on a jailbroken iPod and your trying to move it to a non jailbroken iPad mini

Most reactions

Latest posts