What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad is annoying me

BL41R GRYLLS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad seems to have a problem that happens quite a few times a day. Sometimes it can happen up to 5 times in a row before I can view a webpage on safari for more than a minute

Basically when I have Safari open. Or any other app for that matter. The screen goes black for a second or two and then it goes back to the home screen.

Any ideas of what is causing this or how to fix it? I don't really want to upgrade my iPad until the next one comes out.

peire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like what happened to me a wile ago every time I clicked on an app it loads to black screen then bounces to the spring board

It can be caused by installing like a app that is ment for a iPhone only and it clashers with everything els and I had to do a restore but if you can find the app that is causing it then uninstall it to see if it works

Sent from my iPod touch using iPF

OP
B

BL41R GRYLLS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It just did it while trying to read your post. Lol

I don't have any iPhone apps on it but the FIFA app was causing me a bit of grief when I got it. It wouldn't fully update. I even tried updating a left it overnight. Was still stuck at a certain point. I never use it so will delete and see if it could be that.

Cheers for the help

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What you are describing is IOS suffering a low memory condition that it cannot manage, so dumps you back to springboard.
Best remedy is to double tap the home button, hold an icon in the switcher until they start to wiggle, and remove them all. Then go back into Safari and you should be fine. IOS memory management is very good, but with too many things open at once it can struggle in the RAM available to it...

Hope that helps.

OP
B

BL41R GRYLLS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What you are describing is IOS suffering a low memory condition that it cannot manage, so dumps you back to springboard.
Best remedy is to double tap the home button, hold an icon in the switcher until they start to wiggle, and remove them all. Then go back into Safari and you should be fine. IOS memory management is very good, but with too many things open at once it can struggle in the RAM available to it...

Hope that helps.

I was thinking it could be a low memory issue myself but as to the remedy you suggested. I keep on top of that all the time and only usually have a few open at a time. Including when it was putting me back to the springboard. But I will keep it in mind and clear them fully whenever possible.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, but I'm assuming you have an iPad1, and the 256MB of RAM vanishes even with a couple of apps and a couple of pages open in Safari. Seeing the checkerboard in Safari is also good indication it is struggling for memory.
Anyhoo, sounds like you have it in hand. Hope it gets better...

Reaction score
Xsysinfo app will clean your memory for you when you open it, saving the hassle of doing it manually. Probably one of the best $1.99 investments I've made in quite some time.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

OP
B

BL41R GRYLLS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, but I'm assuming you have an iPad1, and the 256MB of RAM vanishes even with a couple of apps and a couple of pages open in Safari. Seeing the checkerboard in Safari is also good indication it is struggling for memory.
Anyhoo, sounds like you have it in hand. Hope it gets better...

I do but it never used to do it. But it will be keeping on top of it. Cheers mate :)

Most reactions