What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad got water on it

libellule

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good evening,
yesterday, I drop some water from a bottle on my iPad. Seems that the water went under the screen (I can see it) and the iPad is not working completely right anymore...Any chance to save it?? Are they some tricks I can try to save it? Somebody told me about putting it in rice to absorb humidity or putting it in the oven, but I don't really trust...
Thank you very much for your help!!
Libellule

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The best thing to try is to put the iPad in a container of uncooked rice and seal the container up for 24 to 48 hours. Hopefully, that will allow the rice to draw the water out of the iPad.

Unfortunately, the other piece of advice, after hearing of water damage, is to not turn on the iPad. But, you've already done that. Just don't turn it on again until after you have it in the rice.

If this doesn't solve the problem, I'm afraid that you'll have to take the iPad back to Apple for diagnostics, repair or replacement. There's not much else to do if the rice doesn't work. Sorry.

Good luck.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts